Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:49 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: I know im gonna be laughed at for saying this whats anime???
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:13 am 

:oops: I know everyone talks about inime but what IS it?

chickens rock

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:05 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Japanese animated shows.

http://www.thekeep.org/~kunoichi/kunoic ... anime.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:47 pm 

Ok thanks :D

chickens rock

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:00 pm 

Last edited by colliny2k on Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:16 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Anime also has certain characteristics, like big eyes and hair that is seperated in chunks and also that is sometimes anti-gravity. Also, anime people usually have weird expressions... http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e169/ ... drunks.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:37 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

.:Blank Stare:. wrote:
Anime also has certain characteristics, like big eyes and hair that is seperated in chunks and also that is sometimes anti-gravity. Also, anime people usually have weird expressions... http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e169/ ... drunks.jpg

Not all anime is defined by those characteristics. There's realistic anime with normal-looking people. Though the hair is kinda 'seperated' because who is going to take hours of time to draw each strand. On that note... who ever takes the time to do that in any type of painted drawing form? It's a simplistic way of drawing hair.
Sorry to sound nit-picky but I don't want anyone to get any wrong impression about this. Also, I live with a tousan no baka who's always going on about "Those big-eyed fruitcakes" so it's a touchy thing... My little brothers aren't allowed to watch anything resembling anime (Teen Titans, Ben 10, aka pretty much any new show on Cartoon Network) as if it will corrupt their minds into something horrible. Instead he puts on the R-rated version of Alien.... *rolls eyes*
They still love to watch those shows when he's not around though. :P

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:48 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Yeah, there are some anime shows like that too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:19 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Anime is all types of animation, that's the word for animation in japan. So Anime and Manga is actually Cartoons and Manga. But J-anime is the anime PPT is talking about here,

*Takes a deep breath*

(Steal the rhythm while you can.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:05 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
Three words - anime is awsome!

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:27 pm 

Anime is japanese animation. There are several genres of anime
Genres and designations that are specific to anime and manga:

* Bishshojo: Japanese for 'beautiful girl', blanket term that can be used to describe any anime that features pretty girl characters, for example Magic Knight Rayearth
* Bishōnen: Japanese for 'beautiful boy' blanket term that can be used to describe any anime that features "pretty" and elegant boys and men, for example Fushigi Yūgi
* Ecchi: Derived from the pronunciation of the letter 'H'. Japanese for 'indecent sexuality'. Contains mild sexual humor, and some fan service for example Love Hina.
* Josei: Japanese for 'young woman', this is anime or manga that is aimed at young women, and is one of the rarest forms. Example: NANA.
* Kodomo: Japanese for 'child', this is anime or manga that is aimed at young children, for example Doraemon.
* Robot/Mecha: Anime or manga featuring giant robots, example Mobile Suit Gundam.
* Moé: Anime or manga featuring characters that are extremely perky or cute, for example Little Snow Fairy Sugar.
* Progressive: "Art films" or extremely stylized anime, for example Voices of a Distant Star.
* Seinen: Anime or manga targeted at teenage or young male adults, for example Oh My Goddess!.
* Sentai/Super Sentai: Literally "fighting team" in Japanese, refers to any show that involves a superhero team, for example Cyborg 009.
* Shojo: Japanese for 'young lady' or 'little girl', refers to anime or manga targeted at girls, for example Fruits Basket.
o Maho shojo: Subgenre of shojo known for 'Magical Girl' stories, for example Sailor Moon.
* Shonen: Japanese for 'boys', Shōnen is like Seinen, but refers to anime or manga targeted at younger boys, for example Dragon Ball Z.
o Maho shonen: Male equivalent of Maho Shojo, for example DNAngel.
* Yuri: Japanese for 'girl-love', refers to anime or manga that focus on love and romance between female characters, for example Revolutionary Girl Utena.
* Yaoi: Japanese for 'boy-love', refers to anime or manga that focus on love and romance between male characters. This term is being phased out in Japan due to references to pedophilia, and is being replaced by the term "Boys Love" (BL). An example of this style is Gravitation.

Thanks to the wikipedia for the info. I thought it was only two type shojo and shounen anime. But I stand corrected.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]