Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:43 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Anime conventions
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:02 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I feel really stupid for asking this, but what exactly happens at an anime convention? Is there anime stuff for sale? And do you have to dress up as some one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:31 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: In the white forest, hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
Usually there are anime related events such as anime viewings, panels, contests, etc (this varys from convention to convention.) There are usually dealers that sell anime goods. As far as costumes it's not a mandatory thing, bt it's fun to do cosplay.^_^

.. In between the cover of another perfect wonder where it’s so white as snow //
Running through the field where all my tracks will be concealed and there's nowhere to go...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:20 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Some places have bands from Japan come and play as well. At A-kon this year they had KOTOKO and Penicillin NANO and last year ZZ and Dream played. There are usually artists from the webcomic community at conventions as well. I think the best part is just sitting around meeting, talking to, and watching other people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:18 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Unless you're in NZ in which you don't even have any.

In addition to the above, AMV competitions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:25 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Christopher wrote:
Unless you're in NZ in which you don't even have any.

In addition to the above, AMV competitions.

Same if you live in SLO.

Sacto has anime conventions occationally, but they are, like Rune-sama said, mostly a place to display your art, dress up and buy overpriced items (except that I found the booth to my favorite comic store and bought a lot of items at a great reduced price). They also had a cosplay contest that evening, but I thankfully had both no costume and a prior engagement to go to.

I just refered to the recent event in Sacramento July 15. It was fun to look at. There was some sort of card tourny going on when I got there. I assume Yu-Gi-Oh. *Rolls eyes and wishes to shoot people* There were a ton of people in great costumes, and much to my surprise only about a quarter were Inu Yasha, Fullmetal Alchemist, and Naruto combined. *bows down to the gods in thanks* I thankfully saw a ton of people going as cool characters (the last great costume I saw was .hack//-'s Kite).

If you ever have doubts about what an anime convention is like, just go and find out. You'll have fun... or else :evil:

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]