Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: She and Her Cat
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:56 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

This close to five minute short by the same person who made Voices of a Distant Star is, to my understanding, a much, much lesser known work of his (Makoto Shinkai). It's "about the relationship between a male cat and his female owner told from the cat's perspective" (source). It's also entirely composed in black and white, yet the visuals are good.

I watched it recently so I've seen for myself that it's broken up into four "sections", the last of which the entirety of was considerably heartfelt. I'm usually not a sucker for what I consider even the most touching dialog (even when helped a good deal by the visuals, as is the case for She and Her Cat), but for some reason it was the exception.

Quote:
Her Cat: "In the darkness that has no end, this world that we are aboard continues to revolve. The season has changed, and it is now winter. The scenery of snow that, to me, should be the first I've seen, I have the feeling I've known it from long ago. The winter mornings are late, so even when it becomes time for Her to leave the house, it is still dark outside. The sight of her engulfed in a heavy jacket seems practically like a big cat. She, who wore the scent of snow, and Her slender, cold finger tips, the sound of the black clouds streaming by far in the upper sky, Her soul, and my feelings, and our room... The snow inhales the sounds of all, but only the sound of the electric train that She boarded, reached my upright ears. I, and probably her too,..."

Her Cat & She: "This world... I think we like it."
-- She and Her Cat

I run The Infinity Program, a den of villains and swashbucklers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:41 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Is this a manga or an anime?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:44 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Anime (OVA).

I run The Infinity Program, a den of villains and swashbucklers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:52 pm 

where can i watch it?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]