Know your Gundams from your Evas? Your Chobits from your .hack? Think Boba is the best thing since Pocky? You're not alone. Enter!
Topic locked

Re: Naruto

Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:16 am

Oh I know, I mean look how long Jiriyia took.

Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:08 pm

Blunty3000 of YouTube recently made a video in which he rants about the anime...and I can see his point. The action takes too long in the anime, and while it's great when it happens, it usually takes to long to get to it.

As I said to him, it's always better to go with the original source and read the manga. DB, DBZ, Naruto, Bleach, etc. are all better (and FASTER) in manga. ;)

Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:29 pm

Jacob wrote:Blunty3000 of YouTube recently made a video in which he rants about the anime...and I can see his point. The action takes too long in the anime, and while it's great when it happens, it usually takes to long to get to it.

As I said to him, it's always better to go with the original source and read the manga. DB, DBZ, Naruto, Bleach, etc. are all better (and FASTER) in manga. ;)

In spite of recent events, I'm going to take the liberty of crossing Bleach off of that list.

Stupid Szayel-Apporo.

Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:54 am

Byakuya San wrote:
Jacob wrote:Blunty3000 of YouTube recently made a video in which he rants about the anime...and I can see his point. The action takes too long in the anime, and while it's great when it happens, it usually takes to long to get to it.

In spite of recent events, I'm going to take the liberty of crossing Bleach off of that list.

Stupid Szayel-Apporo.
Bleach isn't too good in manga form? I find that a little odd, because it needs to be popular and good to even be conidered for animation, so... *shrugs*

Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:25 pm

Jacob wrote:
Byakuya San wrote:

Stupid Szayel-Apporo.
Bleach isn't too good in manga form? I find that a little odd, because it needs to be popular and good to even be conidered for animation, so... *shrugs*

It's not that it's bad, it's just been on this one fight for 40 chapters now. Of course, not all of the chapters were focused entirely around that fight, but it's getting ridiculous.

Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:28 pm

Byakuya San wrote:
Jacob wrote:
Byakuya San wrote:In spite of recent events, I'm going to take the liberty of crossing Bleach off of that list.

Stupid Szayel-Apporo.

It's not that it's bad, it's just been on this one fight for 40 chapters now. Of course, not all of the chapters were focused entirely around that fight, but it's getting ridiculous.
1 fight? 40 chapters? Hmmm *thinks about it* In comparison, how long did the fight below last?

First real fight between Naruto and Sasuke, when he just regained use of the cursed seal. This will include their talking before Naruto started hitting him and he wouldn't fight back (I think that's how it went) and the flashbacks.

Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:34 pm

Jacob wrote:1 fight? 40 chapters? Hmmm *thinks about it* In comparison, how long did the fight below last?

First real fight between Naruto and Sasuke, when he just regained use of the cursed seal. This will include their talking before Naruto started hitting him and he wouldn't fight back (I think that's how it went) and the flashbacks.

21 chapters, INCLUDING the aftermath. :P

So...anyone here see the spoilers for chapter 386? Yep, lots of plot progression.
Itachi kept Sasuke alive so he could get MS, then Itachi wanted to kill him to get an eternal MS that would never make him go blind. Oh, and Madara had a younger bro who he killed for the same reason. And now for a funny/creepy picture:

Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:11 pm

Wait, hold on.

Is Sasugay gonna die? D: WILL THERE BE MILLIONS OF FANGIRLS CRYING? D:
I'm really sad about Jiraiya dying. :( Not only will there be no more pedo talks, but no more Icha-Icha Paradise books either.

Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:35 pm

DM was on fire! wrote:Wait, hold on.

I'm really sad about Jiraiya dying. :( Not only will there be no more pedo talks, but no more Icha-Icha Paradise books either.

Of course not! Kishimoto isn't dumb enough to set off the ten-year worldwide thunderstorm that is the sobbing of fangirls.

Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:33 am

Byakuya San wrote:

Of course not! Kishimoto isn't dumb enough to set off the ten-year worldwide thunderstorm that is the sobbing of fangirls.

:D

*starts plotting*

Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:28 pm

Byakuya San wrote:

Why not? We can't really expect all the characters we liked to leave this story alive or whole, correct? What would be the point of watching a fight with something evil if there wasn't any risk involved?

Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:05 pm

I just now thought of that.. NO MORE ICHA!! D:

Anyways, I'm kind of disappointed to see Itachi kick the bucket, only because he was so good to make fun of.

And I have to say Sasuke dying would make for a really dramatic twist.

Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:22 pm

Kitten Medli wrote:
Anyways, I'm kind of disappointed to see Itachi kick the bucket, only because he was so good to make fun of.

He isn't dead yet! get with the program!!

Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:19 am

All these main characters dying GOSH! Sounds almost like a season of 24.

Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:31 am

All of these exotic jutsus nowadays... though, the origami lady was made of win.

Orochimaru was really, really in over his head.
Topic locked