Know your Gundams from your Evas? Your Chobits from your .hack? Think Boba is the best thing since Pocky? You're not alone. Enter!
Topic locked

Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:24 am

blueZ wrote:RG Veda was shojo?
but it was so gory and bloody and non-shojo...

And Rayearth is shonen. Rayearth is my fave CLAMP by the way. Although the anime and manga were significantly different, I love them both <3

Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:09 am

ninjausagi wrote:And Rayearth is shonen. Rayearth is my fave CLAMP by the way. Although the anime and manga were significantly different, I love them both <3

I still think it's shojo. :D
It's drawn the shojo way, and the publisher is NAKAYOSHI, which is a shojo publishing company.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:16 pm

Chobits ^-^

LOVE chobits ^-^

hehehhe Nothing constructive here, and I've watched Cardcaptor Sakura on Tv, I've seen up to chobits #13 and yesh ^-^

Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:17 pm

Clamps doing the character desgin for Code Geass - the show of awesome.

Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:43 pm

XD

Chobits and CardCaptor Sakura = <3
I just finished the Chobits series. I wanted to cry. D:

Although...strange question. Is Arina Tanemura associated with CLAMP? The art styles for CardCaptor Sakura and Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne (and Full Moon wo smurf) are very similar.

Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:35 am

DM was on fire! wrote:Although...strange question. Is Arina Tanemura associated with CLAMP? The art styles for CardCaptor Sakura and Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne (and Full Moon wo smurf) are very similar.

I don't think so o_O And I don't think the art is that similar, apart from the fact that they both have the magical-girl-fancy-costume-transformation thing going on. I think that Tanemura's art is more angled and slender and her eyes are bigger and more detailed, while CLAMP's art has more curves and slightly less detail.

EDIT: And I just realized that my set is an example of Tanemura's work xD

Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:55 am

I'm more of an anime than manga person myself, so I've watched Chobits and X but never gotten around to reading them.

Chobits was fun. It had the cute factor just right. Kawaii, but not enough to make me go "sugar overdose... must... get... away... from... the screen!"

Although I must say I didn't really like X. But that's probably because I don't like when every single decision a character makes is justified with "fate". Don't like the concept of fate in general.

I did read Wish, and liked it. The plot was rather "meh", but worked for those 4 or 5 volumes. Good thing they decided to make this one short. And I distinctly remember laughing out loud upon seeing the God-messanger Bunny :lol:

Sat May 05, 2007 2:37 pm

ochazuke=yummy wrote:I liked Rayearth and Cardcaptor Sakura, and my favorite anime character ever is Tomoyo. I used to be, like, obsessed with that series.

ME TOO! This is cool!! Hee hee! I love Tomoyo, because she is such a good designer. :D :P

And I also love how in Tsubasa, Clamp includes old characters! I really Mokona! <3 :P

Wed May 30, 2007 4:12 am

Right now I'm reading Holic and Tsubasa raw scans w/ translations. X3
And waiting for boxsets to buy the mangas.
Ahh, I love the crossover-ness. X3

Re: CLAMP (!)

Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:27 am

I love to read Cardcaptor Sakura for it's irresistable cuteness. ;3

Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:42 pm

Ah... Clamp :P

Right now I'm reading Tsubasa, and it's getting slowly and slowly more emo. Like Tokyo Babylon and X/1999 before that. Ever notice they have a seemingly ongoing fixation with eyeballs? And all ado about losing them? It makes me hysterical.

Read MKRayearth, CCS, Chobits, Clover (which I really liked)..

I never found RG Veda and I didn't want to start on Legal Drug because I knew they wouldn't be finishing it. Somehow I doubt xxxHolic or Tsubasa will be done soon either. By the time everything's nice and cleanly wrapped up CLAMP will either have developed Carpal Tunnel or I will have become permanently incapacitated. Is that the right word?

Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:45 pm

Right now I'm following Tsubasa and XXXholic. Via scans and translations. Though I'm buying it over here too...
Wyaaa! Such sad goings on.
And yes, much losing of eyes. And arms. o__O <3
(Who knew losing an arm could be so dang romantic??)

Tsubasa is supposed to be nearing it's end over in Japan, I think.
I know XXXholic is getting near there and the two are linked...

Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:15 am

i used to like chobits alot.. till i started reading a rip off of it (DearS)

but my fav is xxxHolic

Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:28 pm

It seems they out out a new series called "Kobato"
It looks nice and I was wondering whether to buy it or not.

But didn't a certain 'Kobato' in X die in about the second volume?
Topic locked