Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:26 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Anyone here watch Sailormoon?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:05 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
Does anyone here watch Sailormoon?

Can you believe that I use to like Sailormoon? When i was like... 11 years old.

I had my cous download the series for me again recently.. and I watched it... and I wanted to kick Tuxedo Mask in the head. He is so lame: "Love is the power of love. You can't destroy love. We will fight you with love."

Then again, Sailormoon was the only anime in Australia at that time so I didn't have much choice.

Oh! Oh! Oh!

Did you know... half the characters in Sailormoon were transvestites but in the English dub, they erased that fact ... and some of the Sailormoon scouts were lesbians. In the English dub, they changed it so they were close friends. I was traumatized when I found that out.

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

Post subject: Re: Anyone here watch Sailormoon?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:24 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Actually, I read the entire manga series instead of watching the anime.

Did you know they came out with a live action version of Sailor Moon? (live action = like Power Rangers). It's called "Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon" or PGSM.

It is HILARIOUS. I thought the anime was sort of ridiculous and didn't follow the manga storyline, but PGSM was even worse. Hehehe...

Oh yeah, Neptune and Uranus are lovers/transvestites/lesbians. Of course when things get dubbed in English, they have to cut it out. TV can't go around corrupting little kids...(They did the same with Pokemon and cut out the relationship Misty & Brock had, as well as the scene when Ash pulls out a gun)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:30 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I absolutely *love* Sailor Moon! My girls love it, too. We have SM wall scrolls all over the house. haha It's also the first manga they get to read, which is in first grade after they learn to read somewhat decently. :) Over this summr, the girls and I plan to watch Sailor Moon from the beginning (well, as far as has been dubbed). <3 I only wish the American licenses hadn't ran out and the books were a bit easier to find. Our books are over 10 years old and they are very delicate. :/

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:18 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
I'll be a man and admit to watching it.

The dubs were horrible and the censoring was absurd, but the subbed copies I caught were pretty good. It was easy to get into and out of quickly.

Tux Boy was at his greatest in the first season, but there was cooler stuff as things developed. I still think it was wrong for them to openly do a relationship between a college-aged man and a pre-high school girl though. At little weird if you ask me.

PS: Sailor Mercury was were it was all at :oops:

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:20 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
and who was Tuxedo Mask kidding when he chucked on a turban and called himself the Moonlight Knight? He was exactly the same guy.

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:36 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Wow, I haven't watched that for a long time. Haha, yeah I knew those secrets. Kind of weird when you think about it. When I found out my jawdropped xD

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:39 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Can't even get Sailor Moon dub DVDs here, and since it's now apparently OK to talk about downloading, that was my next thing after Ranma 1/2 to deal with actually.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:27 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Kymothy wrote:
and who was Tuxedo Mask kidding when he chucked on a turban and called himself the Moonlight Knight? He was exactly the same guy.

XD Very true!

My favorite scout was Jupiter, followed by Pluto, Saturn, and Mars. :)

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:53 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: In the white forest, hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
Kymothy wrote:
and some of the Sailormoon scouts were lesbians. In the English dub, they changed it so they were close friends. I was traumatized when I found that out.

In the dub Uranus and Neptune were "cousins" with a good deal of the lesbian relationship in tact despite editing otherwise :P

.. In between the cover of another perfect wonder where it’s so white as snow //
Running through the field where all my tracks will be concealed and there's nowhere to go...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:57 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The live-action series is my true love <3.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:39 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I used to love that show. I recently youtubed all the videos and had a time laughing my butt off.

By the way, Prince Demando/Diamond was amazing and shouldn't have died. I'm still quite bitter about it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:08 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

the first season was actually really good, it didnt emphasize all the pretty transformation and pretty-girl theme, but more of the heroine friend-ship triumph thing, i was really impressed

but all the rest of the seasons are targeted to younger audience which just got a bit ridiculous

- w i s

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:07 pm 

My favorite edit is still when they made Fisheye female for the dub and yet, according to reviews as I missed the episode, they still kept the scene where he didn't have a shirt in one episode. Of course I can think of a few stranger ones.

Anyway, my favorite series is probably R, though I haven't seen all of it yet. I haven't seen any of Pretty Guardian yet, though I do have at least one episode lying around. I really want to see "Plushie Luna" in action.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:43 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Montecito wrote:
My favorite edit is still when they made Fisheye female for the dub and yet, according to reviews as I missed the episode, they still kept the scene where he didn't have a shirt in one episode. Of course I can think of a few stranger ones.

Anyway, my favorite series is probably R, though I haven't seen all of it yet. I haven't seen any of Pretty Guardian yet, though I do have at least one episode lying around. I really want to see "Plushie Luna" in action.

LOL!! You kidding?!

Haha, Sailor Moon.. I loved that show sooo bad. The theme song is funny (the kids singing).. even Cardcaptors had a cool song! Neways.. I don't think Uranus and Neptune being lesbian ever sunk in for me that well even though I knew. My mom hated those two with a passion, lol. I had dolls of all the characters.. I even bought some super expensive fanmade ones, like of the Queen lady of the Star sailor girl guy it things. How they transformed into guys and back to girls was just..just too weird. And then Serena was like in love with the one..speaking of, LOL!! Remember the epi where she thought Uranus was a guy!? And they still left that in the dub.. hahahahahahaHAAHAHAHAH! Lols, yeah, it was fun as a kid though. I don't know who my fave Sailor was.. xD Pluto was cool though cos she was pretty.

Lol, Darien. He was funny. I always thought of him as a little queer (as in weird). I remember once I was playing with my dolls and one of our cats like reached out to the doll of Tux, I think he wanted to play as him xD

Omgz! I loved the Amazon Quartet. Lets see if I can remember their names.. JunJun, ParaPara.. crud.. gah!! *bangs head on desk* Hehe.. *remembers floating eyeball thing* It is soo creepy how they changed the gender of some of them, haha!!!

EDIT: LOL, i just watched the last episode of the whole series, the one where she fights Galaxia. Luls, she was naked nearly the whole time! HAHAHA

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:32 pm 

I love Sailor Moon, the manga was better then the Anime(although for sheer consistancy reasons I wish I knew how to read Japanese(I'm working on it))

I can't stand it in english for the most part though

and has anyone seen the live action Musicals *_* shiiiiinnnnnney

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next