Know your Gundams from your Evas? Your Chobits from your .hack? Think Boba is the best thing since Pocky? You're not alone. Enter!
Topic locked

Have you guys been mangafied

Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:30 pm

Hey - just thought I'd post up an awesome pic that Chi-tan drew for me (before signing my books) in a convention in Inverness. I'd just been part of a discussion panel about women in comics.

I had my supergirl vest on at the time :P

Have you guys got any pics?

Re: Have you guys been mangafied

Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:43 pm

Ah, that's so cute and it really does look like you. I have never had anyone attempt to draw me in any form, as far as I know. My nephew uses anime/manga pics as his facebook pic all the time because he actually looks sorta like several different characters.

Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:15 am

No, there's only one convention down here in NZ and the only people offering such services are deviantart artists and they're scary lookin.

Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:35 am

The last convention I went to, I stole part of a costume from one of those Naruto freaks. I still have it :D

The one before that, I missed it, but it had some of the artist from CLAMP doing art. I was mad. Very mad.

I do have some anime-ish sketches I did of my friends, but I have yet to scan them.

Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:21 am

Lol... I had to go as we were promoting a sci fi dvd up there... little did they know that I knew a lot about comics ^_^

I got to do the discussion as the only western comic buff as I was on a panel with Chie Kutsuwada (known as Chi-Tan) and Yishan Li. I felt lumpy and agressive as I shook their hand... they were so dainty next to me - where at the time I was doing stuff like weight lifting and wrestling.

I did look awesome in the Supergirl vest top though.

Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:39 am

I guess this counts. This is Scintilla and I all chibified. I had it commissioned.

Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:26 am

Sweeeeet!

I'd love to get chibified - plus getting it coloured in adds a little more pizzaz.

Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:41 pm

That is adorable!

Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:06 pm

I love both of your pics Werepup and Cyanna! I have a few that my friend did a few years ago..I'll have to dig them up and get them scanned. :)
Topic locked