Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Online Manga
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:35 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

So, I've never read a Manga in my life before and I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of a decent online one. Thanks!

Add: Make that LEGAL and FREE online manga xD

Like in waiting rooms and long lines that made you late or mall parking lots on holidays
Blog | Flickr | Twitter | Zune

Last edited by unspecialfish on Fri May 08, 2009 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Online Manga
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:23 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

By this do you mean a manga that isn't officially published or available in print but is put out online for free, or a copyrighted manga that has been scanned and put on line for all the world to see?

If it's the latter you're referring to, I'm not sure I could point you to such a website without breaking some sort of PPT/copyright rule, but as far as published manga goes, my personal favorite is Fullmetal Alchemist. I suppose it's a bit too...hardcore for a manga newbie, so I would recommend something such as One Piece--a fairly mainstream, yet well-respected manga. If neither or those suits your fancy, feel free to explore genres; there are sports manga (Prince of Tennis, Slam Dunk), action manga (Naruto, D-Gray Man, Claymore), etc. I'm sure you could find a series on just about anything, for that matter.

If you're referring to the former...I don't know of any. Sorry!

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:43 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

It'd be helpful if you said what kind of things you like to read in general. I really enjoyed Death Note because of its psychological, logical, cat-and-mouse, "mystery" aspect. The good thing about it is that it's completed and fairly short as manga go (only 12 or so volumes in English, vs. volume 47 and counting for Naruto), so it's not that expensive -- and my local library actually has a few volumes. I can make other suggestions that are more specific to your interests, too.

There are sites that only publish unofficial scanlations of unlicensed manga, and will take down anything once it's licensed in English... but like Byakuya, I'm still not sure that wouldn't violate PPT's terms, since the graphics are obviously still copyrighted. A quick google search of what you're looking for might reveal decent sites to you -- just have a good antivirus installed. I'd suggest not paying for a service, since those services are definitely violating the law. I'd also recommend not downloading anything if you don't know the source (a good internet rule in general).

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:15 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
Oh heil no you did not ask this question!!

Head on over to http://www.narutofan.com/ to check out some Naruto goodness. Do it. Now!!

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]