Know your Gundams from your Evas? Your Chobits from your .hack? Think Boba is the best thing since Pocky? You're not alone. Enter!
Topic locked

Japanese manga

Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:08 am

Does anyone know where I can find a store that sells Japanese manga in NYC? I'm looking for Bleach and Naruto manga in NYC, but I'm having a hard time looking for a specific store. Anyone know where there is a store that exclusively sells manga nearby?

Re: Japanese manga

Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:52 pm

I know of a Japanese bookstore here, located at 595 River Road, Edgewater, NJ 07020. They're near NYC, just have to cross the river. They might sell Manga, I don't know of a store that exclusively sells Manga, but good luck!

Re: Japanese manga

Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:37 pm

If you're just looking for Bleach and Naruto, I know Barnes and Noble tends to have a small manga section, and they usually have at least those two. (I'm assuming you're looking for the English translation, and not the manga in Japanese -- if you're looking for the latter, I would think you'd have to go to a Japanese store or order on-line.) Any decent bookstore could probably order them for you, too, if they don't carry them in-stock. You might also want to ask local comic bookstores; even if they don't carry manga, I bet they would know who does.
Topic locked