Know your Gundams from your Evas? Your Chobits from your .hack? Think Boba is the best thing since Pocky? You're not alone. Enter!
Topic locked

Case Closed

Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:52 pm

I peronaly Belive it's one of the best anime EVER i ever episode just leaves you wanting more and I can't wait for mondays episode. For all who don't know about this anime ever episode some one gets murdered, kidnapped, or tries to kill someone and the hero is an ace detective however he witnessed a crime done by a seceret crime organization and they poisond him. They thought the poison would kill him so they left him but what it really did was turn him back into a kid now he solves mistories wile looking for the crime organazation so he can get a sample of the poison so a profeesor he knows can make an antidote.

Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:54 pm

Sounds a little like Porco Russo, but with murder O_o

Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:03 pm

I love Detective Conan! It's such a great series! I watched it every night... But because of school, I can't any more, I cannot wait for it to come out on DVD n_n

Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:14 pm

it is on dvd i am glad i haven't started school yet

Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:16 pm

I think I've watched one or two episodes of it. It was actually pretty entertaining. I don't watch TV that late at night, so it's pretty hard for me to keep up with it.

Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:26 pm

I tried watching it after the rave reviews my friends gave me. In my honest opinion, I'd rather read the detailed proceedings of an anal prolapse than watch another episode. *gonk*

Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:35 am

I really enjoy Case Closed. I'm a sucker for good detective shows and this is no exception. I like the characters in this. It took be a little while to get used the them and everything, but now I watch every episode. I won't say some of the themes don't get repeptative, but I still like it. :D

Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:44 am

What I like about the show is that not all the murderers are evil, and not all the victims are undeserving (ie, the episode with Amy's dentist, or the one on earlier this week with the time of death being thrown off because the daughter posed as the mother).

I just wish they'd show more episodes with the Junior Detective League, because I'm sick of seeing Conan solve Richard's cases for him, and I think George is funny.

Incidentally, the show is still going on in Japan. So far, there have been over 350 episodes and (I think) 6 movies!

Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:13 am

I saw that show twice, one was the one with the killer dog, and the other was some news room murder or something (I only saw a little bit of that one). It looked pretty good, but when I saw the credits and saw his little friends in detective garb, I wished they would actaully come into it (which I realize, now, that the actually do at some points).

Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:10 am

I've heard White_wolf raving about this show so much. Not until this week (when i was at a hotel with cable...) did i realize "Case Closed" was the same thing as the Conan manga's i loved to read!!

Always loved his stories, and to see 'em on TV... now that was fun!!
Too bad i don't have cable at home... *sobs*

Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:52 pm

I think Detective Conan (aka Case Closed) is a good show. I really don't understand why some people are crazed about it, though, unless they haven't seen a lot of anime. I don't mean to offend anyone, but there have been a lot of detective shows in the past and this seems like just another to me. Maybe it's because I grew up with Inspector Gadget and Inch-High Private Eye, among other shows. I love detective shows and think Conan is very smart, but I can usually figure out what is going to happen before the episode reaches halfway.

I do wish they'd show more of the relationship between Conan's former self and Rachel, though. That episode with the dead rock singer was a heart breaker. Poor Rachel. :(

(Was that for Christmas? I know it was for a holiday, but I can't remember which.)

Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:18 am

This anime is so cute! I really enjoy it. I'm glad the DVDs are out now because I can't watch it on Adult Swim now due to school. So, now, I can go out and buy it and watch it whenever I have the time. ^-^

Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:30 am

Am I the only person who, when hears the title, thinks of Conan: The Barbarian with a magnifying glass and sleuth hat?

Yes?

Anyway, my friends love the show. I unfortunately haven't been able to catch it, and I am a little, uh, wierded out by Conan. o_o;

Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:43 pm

Why are all the good animes at the crack of dawn? Once again another I can't watch. :x

Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:51 pm

Awesome anime series. I watch it every time it comes on. I don't like that Adult Swim programming is showing replays right now, though. :(
Topic locked