Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 9:15 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: How much of an anime/manga fan are you?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:24 am 

Are you a casual fan, who watches anime and/or reads manga now and then--or are you an all-out otaku, who goes to conventions, collects DVDs/manga, and cosplays? Somewhere in between?

Me, I've liked anime/manga vaguely for a while, but never really got obsessed until this summer--when I discovered the wonders of fansubs/fan scanlations. *_* Now it's my absolute favorite form of entertainment!

What about you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:29 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Kinda in the middle. Closer to Casual. But I have good tastes.. if that counts... o.o

Made by Hellyer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:51 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm somewhere in the middle. I watch Anime on a nightly basis and I plain on going to several conventions in the near future {my first one was back in June}. I read manga and I have a strange fascination with Japan {although, that didn't stem from my love of Anime}.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:57 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I plan to cosplay at Anime Boston 2005. I'm not sure where that puts me. o_O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:29 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Soujiro wrote:
I plan to cosplay at Anime Boston 2005. I'm not sure where that puts me. o_O

Just add to that 'I'm also going to be in a DDR competition whilst cosplaying' and you'll hit the 'Otaku' level.

Who? Photos?

---

I'm sorta above average, I watch anime daily (crap stuff on TV, whatever I managed to download, rent), have done a marathon of Naruto 1-40 over a couple of day, have some posters, and think that cutting and dubbing is evil (though sometimes nessacary to bring new people into the fold :P)

I dont have anime bedspreads, I dont cosplay, dont make AMVs, and only go to one convention a year (because there is only one).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:40 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Speaking of marathons, I need to sit down one day and watch all of Trigun and Noir.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:42 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Kinda yes and no.

I don't collect DVDs at the moment. DVDs that are not watchable by at least 2 people seem kinda out of place in my house since movie watching is rarely done alone. As of now I am the only person who watches anime. My brother would....but I'm gonna wait until he's a tad older before I'll let him watch with me. Scintilla is a DVD purchaser and when I watch anime, I usually watch his DVDs with him. I don't watch anime every night but I do think about it a lot....mostly when I listen to music trying to make new crazy schemes for music videos.

I do own manga. But I don't have a whole library. Just a few volumes of Love Hina and Neon Genesis Evangelion.

I really have no more interest in Japan then I did before I watched anime. I'm only into it simply because it's animated

I have been to conventions, I have made AMVs and I have sent an AMV to two cons (soon to be three hopefully). I've never costumed though I would like to. It's not the "I want to be my favorite character!" feeling. I just haven't worn a costume of any kind for so long. Not even for halloween. I'd dress up to satisfy my inner child because a con can be like a giant costume party at times. But I won't walk around in character or enter any cosplay contests or anything like that.

I have a few "all-out" symptoms....but I think I'm somewhat sensible within my fandom (meaning I don't have rabies). Otherwise, I know I'm a nut-job.

But I'm probably a more rabid Disney fan then I ever will be for anime. Especially the older Disney stuff.

;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:17 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I would like to think that I'm somewhere in between. I do watch anime on a regular basis, but I don't read as much manga. I've only gone to one convention, and I plan on going to it next year as well. I've cosplayed twice, if you count Halloween. I also like to collect merchandise relating to series/movies I like.

I admit I can get obsessive over series, but I try to avoid broadcasting my obsession to the rest of the world and going completely crazy over it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:27 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

I guess I'm sort of a casual fan myself. Practically the only anime I ever watch is Kimba the White Lion. I also sometimes draw a few manga-type characters.

Secret Santa Set! :D

My DeviantArt Account
Shakespeare Wiki

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:03 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Close to casual, I think. I draw more of it than I actually read/watch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:07 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Well, seeing as I wanna goto a convention.. Does that add more poits to Otaku? Plus htose a great way to meet PPT members :P

Made by Hellyer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:20 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Casual fan. *nods* I read mangas when I can pinch them off my friends. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:29 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

i am a manga fan and a collector too. i can spend over a hundred in a manga shopping trip. my brother collects anime figurines too. i really love to continue this hobby as long as i can but the cost can be shocking so i try not to think of how much money i spend on those manga

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:20 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Location: The other room, no not that one, tha- yeah, that one
I'm a middle / casual fan. I think I would be too much of a coward to cosplay.

Feel the rain on your skin, no one else can feel it for you...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:04 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I guess I'm sort of in the middle. I read mangas when I can, and watch animes when I can. And I used to download AMV's and anime.

Can't cosplay or go to conventions- My parents would freak out. XD

Gone.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next