Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 8:55 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Tsubasa - Reservoir Chronicles
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:52 pm 

This is CLAMP's new manga. I've read the first volume and half of the second volume, and....I like it. Can't say I love it yet, but it certainly seems promising so far. CLAMP's art for some of their older series, like Rayearth and Tokyo Babylon, didn't suit my tastes, but I really admire the art style they've used for Tsubasa. And as always CLAMP's character designs are awesome! (Though why are the covers so...green and brown?)

I'm a little annoyed that Sakura isn't much of a main character, since she's unconscious all the time (I'd say the reason why, but it could be considered a spoiler). Poor Sakura! Kurogane reminds me strongly of Zorro from One Piece...but that's okay because I love Zorro.

Rumors say that Tsubasa will become an anime...but no official word on that yet, so far as I know.

So! What do you guys think of Tsubasa? ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:10 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

i have all the updated volume for tsubasa and chronicles. it was widely publicise at the time of release that there would be common characters for the two manga. tsubasa is basically an adventure manga about a group of adventurers in search of the lost feathers (memory) of Sakura scattered over different worlds. chronicles, after i read the first 4 volumes, seems to lean towards phantom and mystical stuff..both are good manga nonetheless..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:49 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I love all CLAMP manga, but this has to be on the lower end of my favorites from them. The plot is a little uninspired, reminiscent of Cardcaptor Sakura. The real excitement in this series is in all the crossovers, supposably every one of their series will cross over into Tsubasa, that'll be about 20 series, not to mention how many characters are in all of them.
I've actually not heard any rumors about a Tsubasa anime, people just expect it because it's so popular. There is, however, confirmation on a movie for xxxHolic, their other current series.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:52 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Location: PinkPT. Except when I'm not on PinkPT. No, wait. I'm confused.
Marissa wrote:
I love all CLAMP manga, but this has to be on the lower end of my favorites from them. The plot is a little uninspired, reminiscent of Cardcaptor Sakura. The real excitement in this series is in all the crossovers, supposably every one of their series will cross over into Tsubasa, that'll be about 20 series, not to mention how many characters are in all of them.
I've actually not heard any rumors about a Tsubasa anime, people just expect it because it's so popular. There is, however, confirmation on a movie for xxxHolic, their other current series.

xxxHolic movie? COOL!

Tsubasa is O.K, I spend most of my time with xxxholic, though. I just like taht one better. I don't know, I like the crossovers alright, its just...I don't know, as Marissa said, its not original. Doesn't stop me from reading it, speaking my brother and I both love a lot of the charaters.

Lovely set by the equally lovely Silja!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:46 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

It's an okay manga, crossovers aint something i see too much of though, i just think it'll be really funny if the guys from Tsubasa went to the CCS world or whatever, what would the Syaorans say to eachother?

Lil Syao: Dang, you're pathetic
Big Syao: Dude, thats really mean to say
Lil Syao: Ahhh! I'm like, Polite!
Eriol: You could learn a thing or two from this guy
Lil Syao: I DIDN'T ASK YOU!

Ah, the simple pleasures of insulting your opposite...yeah. that would be funny...

Fighting the darkness,
One flashlight at a time!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:31 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Location: PinkPT. Except when I'm not on PinkPT. No, wait. I'm confused.
Sora wrote:
It's an okay manga, crossovers aint something i see too much of though, i just think it'll be really funny if the guys from Tsubasa went to the CCS world or whatever, what would the Syaorans say to eachother?

Lil Syao: Dang, you're pathetic
Big Syao: Dude, thats really mean to say
Lil Syao: Ahhh! I'm like, Polite!
Eriol: You could learn a thing or two from this guy
Lil Syao: I DIDN'T ASK YOU!

Ah, the simple pleasures of insulting your opposite...yeah. that would be funny...

I've always felt I need for them to go there...

Lovely set by the equally lovely Silja!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]