Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 10:46 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Rurouni Kenshin
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:13 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Himura Battousai.

Gotta love him XDDD

He also got my first fanart^_~ even though I haven't seen all of the shows o.O; I still love the series!!^^* Anyone wit me? <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:33 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Kenshin was one of the few animes I found to be very dull, perhaps because I could only get them in ENglish on video at first and thus watched the entire series that way, or some other reason. The series would've been on my classic anime list if not for the fact they went and killed him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:44 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I've only seen one OVA and a handful of episodes, but it seems like an okay series. I'm not head-over-heels in love with it though. The OVA was really good though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:22 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

The best part of the Rurouni Kenshin series was the Makoto Shishio arc. It is the heart and soul of the series. The rest is just filler to me. (Though I thought the Amakuza Shougo arc was a bit creepy.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:05 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I really <3 Rurouni Kenshin. I only have one dvd though :( It's not the last series/saga, but the next to last I believe. I've seen a whole bunch of the eisodes, and I just really enjoy it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:02 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Rurouni Kenshin remains one of my favorite anime series. I still want a reverse blade sword XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:42 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Yeah, I'd love to learn Samurai style fighting, lol. a reverse blade would be awesome^_^ haha.
I gotta watch more of them >.< Some made me cry T.T haha. I'm emotional sometimes..*whistles*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:41 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I love Rurouni Kenshin. <3 We have the entire series plus OVAs on dvd. (Figures that the box sets would come out shortly after I finish collecting the series. -.-) The girls and I have watched up until the beginning of Tales of the Meiji (around episode 67). It's one of our favorites. We can't watch enough of the circus episode. :)

Sano is my boyfriend, I must admit. I have delayed watching the rest of the series because it looks like he is going to get together with that religious woman and I'm not thrilled about that. :P I should just treat it like a bandaid, watch it quickly to get it over with and it'll hurt less. lol

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:10 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Jasujo wrote:
I love Rurouni Kenshin. <3 We have the entire series plus OVAs on dvd. (Figures that the box sets would come out shortly after I finish collecting the series. -.-) The girls and I have watched up until the beginning of Tales of the Meiji (around episode 67). It's one of our favorites. We can't watch enough of the circus episode. :)

Sano is my boyfriend, I must admit. I have delayed watching the rest of the series because it looks like he is going to get together with that religious woman and I'm not thrilled about that. :P I should just treat it like a bandaid, watch it quickly to get it over with and it'll hurt less. lol

Ah I have some of those eipsodes, with the religious woman. :)

Set by Moogie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:16 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

My friend bought the whole series off of ebay... ah, fridays spent annoying her and watching Rurouni K.

I actually think it's a great story. It's got a bit of a historical fiction, and the realistic (sort of) fighting with swords instead of SuperpowerfulOMGWTFBBQMAGIC!! I like that.

(He who fights with monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster). And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:25 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

heh, I kinda remember the circus one. It was funny XD. I gotta watch more >.< there are movies though, right? o.O; I think I saw them on the internet. Are they any good though? (Yes, as much as I am a fan of him, I'm unfortunately not super up to date *hides* )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:19 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The "movies" are necessary in my opinion. One tells you the origin of Kenshin, starting from when he was a kid.

The other tells you what finally happens to him at the end of the entire story.

And yes, they're good :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:00 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Oooh, I will definitely be watching those then^_^ Thankies!^^* <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:09 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Love the series. The Shishio part is really good, Shogo Amakusa just doesn't cut it. ^_^ In fact, it's currently aired on a local TV channel here in Malaysia.

- Sweet set made by GlimmerFae-
"I wanted to change the world, but I changed nothing. That is my story." - Auron, FF X.

Avatar removed, hotlinking problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:35 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Soujiro wrote:
The best part of the Rurouni Kenshin series was the Makoto Shishio arc. It is the heart and soul of the series. The rest is just filler to me. (Though I thought the Amakuza Shougo arc was a bit creepy.)

True. And that fact is sort of sad...Because considering how long the Shishio Arc is, and how many episodes are in the series... ^^;;

But either way, I absolutely love Rurouni Kenshin. Had one of the best battles ever, between Saitou and Kenshin. Lots of parts in the series were really funny too.

Gone.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next