Know your Gundams from your Evas? Your Chobits from your .hack? Think Boba is the best thing since Pocky? You're not alone. Enter!
Topic locked

Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:51 pm

I was first introduced to Naruto through CN, but it sucked and I heard about the japanese thing so I watched that.

And how the heck does it remind them of DBZ? xD

Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:13 pm

.:Blank Stare:. wrote:I was first introduced to Naruto through CN, but it sucked and I heard about the japanese thing so I watched that.

And how the heck does it remind them of DBZ? xD

People are saying the constant fighting reminds them of it. I have watched DBZ and Naruto. There are no "constant" fight scenes in it.

Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:32 am

That is stupid. The only "constant" fighting scenes in Naruto are the Chuunin exams and then some other fights that I cant post cause its a spoiler.

Naruto is sooo much better than DBZ -.-

Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:36 am

Well, I don't think it's *too* much like DBZ, but well, there is one major likeness between the two:

*spoilers*

You may not have read too far into the manga yet, but eventually Naruto learns a new technique that is roughly translated as "SS Naruto Kamehameha Destructo-Spirit Bomb no jutsu". It reminds me of DBZ a little. :\

(as a side note, his hair gets longer and more spiky as he performs this jutsu)

Lol, the only two things I can think of that link them together are some of the fights take many episodes to do sometimes (though it doesn't take 5 episodes for a Rasengen or Chidori) and there's a lot of fighting in completely desolate areas. The problem being is that they seem to actually have a reason for being there in Naruto (meaning they don't run/jump/fly to some random desolate area to fight that has nothing to do with the setting, also, they don't all look the same either. x_x.)

Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:46 pm

See, I really shouldnt be saying anything about DBZ and how it sucks so much casue Ive never seen it, but it just seems really stupid. Is that new move in the lastest manga chapter? Im one before that and I dont remember anything about that move. Unless thats the translation of Rasengan. O_o

Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:30 pm

It was a joke. xD

I just threw a bunch of move names from DBZ together and put no jutsu after that, but secretly, that is the jutsu he's going to learn. ;) (I'm almost ashamed that I know the names of all of those moves... well I have a friend who used to be into DBZ a lot. x)

No one take that post literally. ;)

Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:32 am

Well it makes alot more sence now..

xD

Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:53 am

ok........isn't this a naruto post?why r u talkin about dbz?that is soooo stupid.i haven't watch dbz in like 2 or 3 years.well last time i watched it,it was stupid.

Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:58 am

We are talking about DBZ becasue we are comparing it to Naruto.

Its not off topic, and its not stupid. So if you dont like that we are comparing the two things, then leave. :)

Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:07 am

:o ok,mayb i will leave.i'll go 2 1 of the other naruto web sites.wait wat isn't stupid?r u sayin that i said comparin naruto 2 dbz is stupid,or r u sayin that i said dbz is stupid.caz i did.i really don't mind u guys comparin,i just thought that oh just 4get that i said that.man i didn't think anybody would get mad at me 4 typin that.& i thought that u said u never watch dbz so how would u no if it was stupid or not?& i never said it was off topic.u r confusin me o_O !well sorry,i didn't mean 2 ofend anybody.well i'm sorry,there now do u feel better?

Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:14 pm

No I meant what you said was stupid. The whole thing. And I cant read half of what you are saying. Cant understand chatspeak. I dunno. Maybe Im stupid or something, but its hard to read.

Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:43 pm

ur not stupid.everybody i talk 2 says that i say alot of stupid stuff.& it took me awhile 2 understand chatspeak.the other resin why u can't understand me is i can't spell.so its ok,if u can't understand me,alot of ppl don't. :D

Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:10 pm

Why do you use chat speak anyway then? If it just makes you sound moronic, then there really is no point to it.

Anyway, on the topic of Naruto, I just read the latest chapter of it. I cant wait till the next one D:

Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:52 pm

i have no clue wat moronic means.i don't no y i do it,i'm so use 2 it now. wat chapter did u read is it a good 1?

Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:03 am

Moronic means like a moron.

And I said that I read the latest one.
Topic locked