SHHH!!! Can you read? Want to prove it? Meet fellow book worms and discuss the literary brilliance of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
Topic locked

Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:31 pm

Angels & Demons, Dan Brown

Fairly interesting so far xP

Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:35 am

I'm probably going to start reading Slaughterhouse Five for my English BA, but also in English we're reading Siddhartha.

Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:29 am

I read that! It's interesting...

I just got done reading High Rhulain by Brian Jacques, and I didn't like it as much as his other books. I'm also in the middle of God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater by Kurt Vonnegut.

Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:41 pm

I am reading The Vampire Armand By Anne Rice.

So far I think its the least interesting of the Anne Rice Vampire Chronicles.

Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:12 am

Currently re-reading Wuthering Heights, one of my favourite books... :-)

Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:20 pm

Rereading the Chronicles of Narnia <3 One of the greatest books ever.

Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:44 am

I just finished Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin. The concept seemed novel and interesting at first, but the execution wasn't as good as I had expected.

Also read Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams.

Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:54 am

The Last of The Wine by Mary Renault.

Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:50 am

I have no idea, actually. I'm reading FOTR(gotta catch up on my Tolkien...) and the Silmarillion. Go me! :D

Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:44 am

The Widow and the King by John Dickinson(sequel to The Cup of the World, which I just read)

It's pretty good, I'd say, although a bit darker than I usually like. Second's not as dark as the first though, and I like it better because of that. Also because it's written from two people's views(mainly) instead of just one like the first. And Phaedra is a bit of a... I'm not sure what I'd call her, but not a compliment. Well, can't say that Sophia is much better really, but Ambrose I like.

Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:27 am

I'm reading this book about different styles of shoes through history, but I am too lazy to go upstairs to look at what it's called. Great book though, but you know, I love shoes way more than is healthy.

Also reading Sorcery and Cecila, or, the Enchanted Chocolate Pot

Can't help but love that title :P

I plan to start on Beijing Doll after :D

Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:57 am

I'm in the middle of American Gods at the moment. Some of it is a bit more graphic then I care to read, but overall it's decent so far.

Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:21 pm

I'm reading Animal Farm because our grade 10 english teacher wants us to read it. I also finished reading the Lord of the Flies which was a good book. We are now watching the movie for both novels.

Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:30 am

Kidwaiy wrote:I'm reading Animal Farm because our grade 10 english teacher wants us to read it. I also finished reading the Lord of the Flies which was a good book. We are now watching the movie for both novels.
I loved Animal Farm. Although, I did read it several times before we read it in 10th grade English and I already knew who/what the characters and events represented.

Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:46 pm

EvilPickle wrote:I'm just finishing Indrustrial Magic, by Kelley Armstrong. If anyone has read any of her books, tell me because I'll love you forever!

Then I have to start both Brave New World by Aldous Huxley and King Lear by Shakespeare for school. Not looking forward to either, really. o_O

I own Bitten and Stolen <3. I think Bitten was one of the most captivating books I've ever read!

Im trying to get a copy of Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman but I'm having some trouble. I just finished the Da Vinci Code so I'm not reading anything at the moment :(
Topic locked