Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:09 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 433 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:41 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I think Harry's scar will stay with him forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:33 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Lily didn't hate James, she thought he was a prat. It's a very significant difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:08 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Tharkun wrote:
http://www.jkrowling.com/textonly/rumou ... .cfm?id=24

But no, I believe the seventh book is too late to establish a ship for Harry. I wanted Harry/Luna too, you know... mainly because I'm a rabid, moon-vigiling Marauders fan.

As a rabid moon-vigiling Marauders fan, I already knew the star stuff about Bellatrix, although I was confused and was cursing Betelgeuse for quite some time. You know, the last book got me into astrology (well, no actual sun signs) - this book is getting me into tarot (to a degree) - who says Harry Potter doesn't draw you into the occult? ;)

Also:

http://www.mugglenet.com/editorials/edi ... an01.shtml

That editorial makes the strongest case I've seen that R.A.B. is someone other than Regulus. But you know, I still think it's him, especially as JKR said we'd no doubt identify one of the Horcruxes before the week was out, and we identified the Grimmauld Place Locket.

I can say right now that Aberforth isn't R.A.B

He's illiterate, therefore can't write.

Now, another thing to consider. It takes at least two to reach the locket.

So who was the second one?

Or, is R.A.B. really two names? Like R.A and B. or R. and A.B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:55 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

(*Dranzer*) wrote:
Tharkun wrote:
http://www.jkrowling.com/textonly/rumou ... .cfm?id=24

But no, I believe the seventh book is too late to establish a ship for Harry. I wanted Harry/Luna too, you know... mainly because I'm a rabid, moon-vigiling Marauders fan.

As a rabid moon-vigiling Marauders fan, I already knew the star stuff about Bellatrix, although I was confused and was cursing Betelgeuse for quite some time. You know, the last book got me into astrology (well, no actual sun signs) - this book is getting me into tarot (to a degree) - who says Harry Potter doesn't draw you into the occult? ;)

Also:

http://www.mugglenet.com/editorials/edi ... an01.shtml

That editorial makes the strongest case I've seen that R.A.B. is someone other than Regulus. But you know, I still think it's him, especially as JKR said we'd no doubt identify one of the Horcruxes before the week was out, and we identified the Grimmauld Place Locket.

I can say right now that Aberforth isn't R.A.B

He's illiterate, therefore can't write.

Now, another thing to consider. It takes at least two to reach the locket.

So who was the second one?

Or, is R.A.B. really two names? Like R.A and B. or R. and A.B.

A little while ago someone said something about a house elf.
But what if the locket wasn't always there? It could have been from a completely different place, and then put there for lord voldemort to find.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:32 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I think that the amulets were somehow switched, for poor Voldie to find.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:41 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Josephine wrote:
I think Harry's scar will stay with him forever.

I agree with that. Although it's possible that his scar will disappear (since it is magic and everything), I don't think it will.

And what was the very important thing we found out about Lily? I never knew -.-"

I remember reading that it was important that Harry had his mother's eyes. I wonder what that meant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:46 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Divine wrote:
I remember reading that it was important that Harry had his mother's eyes. I wonder what that meant.

I have been wondering about that myself.

I know it sounds stupid but maybe Lilly had a past and that is what important thing we are going to find out about her, and the reasn why it is important that Harry has his mothers eyes.

Or maybe it was because he was so much like James.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:48 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Twitchy wrote:
Or maybe it was because he was so much like James.

Would it just be a way to make Harry different from James? Seems very thin... but you never know with Jo.

Also, happy b-day to Bighead Weasley (the git!)

Set by Pixa <3 || WWW for previous sets || T-Shirts gallery
Support Roo Island!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:20 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Bighead BOY. You forgot the boy ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:50 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Er, I'm not sure about Lily's eyes, but the most interesting theory I've heard is that Harry literally has Lily's eyes. Brought to you by HPfGU, legendary home of Cupid's Quidditch Supplies. Or the wreckage thereof.

I haven't been to HPfGU since HBP, to tell you the truth. Bit scared of what I'll find there, considering how the sane parts of the fandom are faring.

Speaking of which, if I had considered a mass secession of fans post-HBP, before I checked out the Internet scene, it would not have been H/H shippers. I mean, I shipped H/L, and pretty fervently, too, but you think I'll leave the entire fandom because he ended up with Ginny instead?

Well... maybe, if the rest of the book was written like his romance.

Oh, and to veer back onto the beaten track (feel free to ignore this if you're sick of it,) Snape's freak-out at the coward thing was because there was clearly no way he could cover up for Draco, and if Draco dies, Snape dies.

Do what you will; but I will hinder it if I may.

-- Eowyn of the Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:02 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I really like the Borgin theory, but it has flaws. Borgin doesn't seem to be one that is courageous enough to brave the spells, not to mention he practically flipped over when Draco showed him the dark mark.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:01 am 
PPT God
PPT God

(*Dranzer*) wrote:
I really like the Borgin theory, but it has flaws. Borgin doesn't seem to be one that is courageous enough to brave the spells, not to mention he practically flipped over when Draco showed him the dark mark.

Yea. BUT, maybe he practically flipped over because he's scared of Lord Voldemort, because he was the one who stole his Horcrux!

Tharkun wrote:

Er, I'm not sure about Lily's eyes, but the most interesting theory I've heard is that Harry literally has Lily's eyes. Brought to you by HPfGU, legendary home of Cupid's Quidditch Supplies. Or the wreckage thereof.

Um... that reminds me of some book named Tribes. Anyways, interesting theory? But I'm not sure about that.

Maybe James was bad? So it's important that Harry has his mother's eyes. I don't know. I think I'm going to reread and find everything they say about James.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:47 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Location: Keeping the Hallowe'en spirit all through the year.
I once saw someone (seriously) ask -- as a question to be posed to JKR -- "If Harry has Lily's eyes, why does he have to wear glasses?"

hiddenneggs / Will
----
"But then again, i think the main reason people invented civilization was to get together and complain about the wild animals eating them." --mousapelli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:50 am 
PPT God
PPT God

hiddenneggs wrote:
I once saw someone (seriously) ask -- as a question to be posed to JKR -- "If Harry has Lily's eyes, why does he have to wear glasses?"

xD

On the Borgin theory, but would he have the courage to brave the water, bring some sucker along to drink the potion, and switch the lockets?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:41 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

(*Dranzer*) wrote:
On the Borgin theory, but would he have the courage to brave the water, bring some sucker along to drink the potion, and switch the lockets?

Well, he might have been braver before, you never know O_O.

I have no idea who could be the other person, though. I have another theory (but this might not make sense) that maybe Borgin could have put that potion there?

Anyways, this is really confusing.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 433 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next