SHHH!!! Can you read? Want to prove it? Meet fellow book worms and discuss the literary brilliance of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
Topic locked

Artemis Fowl

Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:41 am

Heh.. xD I read the first one.. I got it at the book fair at my school.. REally good. o_o.. xD

Anyone else read that book?

Sat Dec 04, 2004 6:13 pm

<3 I'm almost finished with the first one.. love it!

Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:35 pm

I'm busy re-reaing the third for about the hundredth time x.x

Very good, though.

Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:11 am

I've read both the first and the second ^_^ It's a really good book.

Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:06 am

Excellent books^^ They're funny, creative, action-packed, and truly awesome. I have all three of them and I've read them all at least ten times...

Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:44 am

Artemis rocks. He's a lot like me, just male and a good deal smarter. =P

My favourite character isn't him, though, it's Fowly. =D That centaur is the greatest.

I've read the first three books, and I'm going to purchase 'The Artemis Fowl Files' next time I'm at a book store.

Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:57 am

I've read all three of them plus The Artemis Fowl Files, which was pretty cool. Can't wait for "The Opal Deception", which I believe is coming out next year in June, featuring our favorite pixie, Opal Koboi. I think. :D

Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:15 am

...Alex wrote:
I've read the first three books, and I'm going to purchase 'The Artemis Fowl Files' next time I'm at a book store.

Trust no book with a magnetic cover =O

I loved the books, but they're over.

Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:42 am

I've read the first three, they are really good! And they're covers... Shiny... *Ish hypnotised*

No! It can't be over! He left the perfect ending for the beginning of a fourth book! There must be another one!!

I like Foaly, too! He's so smart, and funny, too! I mean, you don't get many of those...
Last edited by Twizzler0171 on Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:44 am

...Alex wrote:Artemis rocks. He's a lot like me, just male and a good deal smarter. =P

My favourite character isn't him, though, it's Fowly. =D That centaur is the greatest.

OMG FOALY. <3 He is so freaking awesome. And it helps that I have this totally shmezzy vision of him.. oh-so-l337 geek glasses and slightly oily crazy hair :-P

Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:03 pm

I read the three of them, they were swell. Not the half-effort swell. More like the wow-that-was-great I wanna read 'em again and again swell. Sadly I've only read each of them once.

I also didn't have a clue that the guy was still writing stories. I thought that he died after the E.C. was released. Off to Chapters I go.

Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:57 pm

The series is gently rolling towards the pit of oblivion with each book. Still, it's rather nice.

Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:26 pm

Read the first 3. Liked them all ^_^.

Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:53 pm

I read all three and they were great! I think the next one will involve Artemis no longer a kid and him being a teen or adult or something. Since he told thing to come back in a few years.

While Foaly and Artemis are cool, my favourite character is Butler!

Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:22 pm

I've only read the first book, but it's quite funny. Especially the concept for leprechauns and "the univeral gesture for See, I don't have a deadly weapon."
Topic locked