SHHH!!! Can you read? Want to prove it? Meet fellow book worms and discuss the literary brilliance of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
Topic locked

Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:18 am

I just read the Opal Deception. It was good but I think it needed a bit more...something. The ending kind of just when.....bam lol

Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:36 pm

*revives topic*
I read the Opal Deception. I feel dumb for not realizing who was the main baddie straight away, but... :P
It was really wonderful, but a bit sad.

Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:10 am

Just finished Arctic Incident, and profoundly glad that this space is spoiler-free. Whee-ooo, that was a trip. Chix Verbil must have been planned for a totally different role by the time the first book came out, but this one gets you into the drama much more than the first one.

Main gripe: What the heck happened to Juliet?!

Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:49 pm

Tharkun wrote:Main gripe: What the heck happened to Juliet?!

Read The Eternity Code :)

I still need to get The Opal Deception -_- Everyone says it's really good, and I want to know what happens....

Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:53 am

I have all 3 and read them all about a dozen times each, I'm wanting to read the 3rd one again. They are awsome.

Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:38 pm

The Opal Deception set things up perfectly for a sequel.

Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:12 am

Whoo, better believe it does....I read it about a month ago, it was brilliant. And the cover is shiny and distracting. <3 :P

Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:45 pm

Ehs. I read the first and third one and I didn't really like them that much. I mean, they were ok, but I found Artemis quite braggy. I thought that the series would end after Eternity Code, but guess not. The ending of Eternity Code was good though. But I don't really like the sarcastic tone of the series.

Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:55 pm

Divine wrote:Ehs. I read the first and third one and I didn't really like them that much. I mean, they were ok, but I found Artemis quite braggy. I thought that the series would end after Eternity Code, but guess not. The ending of Eternity Code was good though. But I don't really like the sarcastic tone of the series.

Really? I like the braggy and sarcastic thing. It gives it so much character. <3 Yeah, I read the 4th recently-definitely his best work! I hope there's a fifth, though maybe that would just be overkill...

Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:58 am

My brother and I had a arguement ever since the Eternity Code came out...I said the last chapter made it obvious there would be another book while he said there wouldn't be. When The Opal Decption Came out, I rubbed it in his face for a month...And paid him ten bucks to let me read it first. :lol:

Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:17 am

I think I've read book 1 a long time ago and stopped halfway because I felt it was boring. Well, maybe it's different now because my English is much better and maybe I just didn't understand the story back then. :D

Does anyone care to tell me a short summary about the story? :hug:

Tue May 09, 2006 10:59 pm

Basically it's about the Faerie world and a super genius 13 year old Called Artemis Fowl. He lives on his own with his bodyguard, Butler, and he uses his brainpower for crime. Well that's the first book anyway :)

Anybody got any idea when the Lost Colony is coming out?

Fri May 26, 2006 3:53 am

Anoohilator wrote:Anybody got any idea when the Lost Colony is coming out?

According to wikipedia, 9/7/2006 in the UK and 9/15/2006 in the USA. It also says that a different book, Artemis Fowl: The Seventh Dwarf, was put out in 2004 as part of World Book Day. I assume that means it's not available.

Fri May 26, 2006 6:45 am

JellySoup wrote:

According to wikipedia, 9/7/2006 in the UK and 9/15/2006 in the USA. It also says that a different book, Artemis Fowl: The Seventh Dwarf, was put out in 2004 as part of World Book Day. I assume that means it's not available.

I think you can find em on eBay but yeah they don't sell them anymore - I think it was just a lil sub-story about Mulch though :)

Fri May 26, 2006 3:06 pm

Anoohilator wrote:
JellySoup wrote:

I think you can find em on eBay but yeah they don't sell them anymore - I think it was just a lil sub-story about Mulch though :)

*checks ebay*

OH! This story was included in The Artemis Fowl Files. I see, it was printed single for the event.
Topic locked