SHHH!!! Can you read? Want to prove it? Meet fellow book worms and discuss the literary brilliance of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
Topic locked

;)

Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:38 am

I read Artemis Fowl halfway, then my brother had to return it to the library so I didn't get to finish. But my brother likes those books :P

I do hope to get to finish it soon though.

Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:16 pm

I just found out that the 5th book is coming out this september :P yay! Now I'm rereading the whole series.

Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:57 am

I LOVE Artemis Fowl! But I've only read the first one.*sob*

Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:41 pm

I resurrect this thread to announce that Lost Colony disappointed me. The plot was predictable, it read like a bad fanfiction. If Colfer's going to write just for money, I'd rather he stopped now.

Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:22 am

Nah, I read the other books to. They're awesome. But if he writes just for the money, that's dumb.

Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:20 pm

I tryed to write a book report on the series even though I only had the fourth book.
The first time I read it, I didn't like it what so ever.
The second time, I fell in love with it.

Did someone say there was a fifth book??!?!?

Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:25 pm

I just bought The Lost Colony the other day. I had forgotten about it and found it in Barns and Nobles.

Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:49 am

I was a bit iffish about the book. It was a nice read, but the little puns and quips he puts in to the book kind of threw me off.

I might still read the Lost Colony though.

Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:12 am

I need to get the new book....The first three were awesome, the fourth was pretty good, and I hope the fifth picks up a little. I love the cliche writing style and the variety of characters^^

Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:42 pm

Wind wrote:I resurrect this thread to announce that Lost Colony disappointed me. The plot was predictable, it read like a bad fanfiction. If Colfer's going to write just for money, I'd rather he stopped now.

I didn't think it read liks fanfiction, really, but I was disappointed with the ending, and Minerva annoyed me. Mary Sue, anyone?

Everything else I loved- basic plot, the demons, etc. etc.

But seriously, that ending? Ergh. How is he going to work with that to write the last book? Is it even possible? I mean, I would have far preferred that Artemis actually aged, instead of physically staying 14. I've enjoyed watching him age over the span of the series, but a jolt to 17 would've been great.

And why didn't we see Juliet in the book AT ALL? She's such a great character, and one of Artemis' very limited human friends.

Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:10 pm

Blah. I was disappointed in The Lost Colony as well. Multiple times throughout the book I found myself...absolutely bored witless, wondering when on earth he'd just finish it up already, since the plot was so confounded predictable. The new characters fell flat--I was really hoping for Colfer to do something with Minerva or one of her associates, and it just never happened--and even the returning characters were lacking. Artemis was particularly disappointing.

And that ending. One word: EW. After the rest of the book dragged and dragged, that looked like it was hastily slapped together. It -barely- made sense, and it's going to make the next book really hard--for Colfer to write and the rest of us to read.

Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:53 pm

I started reading the first one but got bored and got some other book, I might start up again though.

Re: Artemis Fowl

Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:29 am

The fifth book, 'The Time Paradox', was much better than the book before it. Arty was a lot more conflicted in this one. It made things interesting.

Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:15 pm

myrab51 wrote:The fifth book, 'The Time Paradox', was much better than the book before it. Arty was a lot more conflicted in this one. It made things interesting.

I personally preferred Lost Colony to Time Paradox, TP was like, "Oh my God, whut? DDDD: "

Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:02 pm

The only part that bugged me a little about Time Paradox was the thing with Artemis and Holly when she was made younger for that short period. I won't totally give it away since some people in this thread haven't read it yet, but it just seemed a bit thrown in and forced to me. The rest of the story line I really enjoyed though. What part left you a bit lost?
Topic locked