Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 7:46 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Supernaturalists
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:53 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Hey. I recently bought a book by Eoin Colfer (the guy who wrote the Artemis Fowl books) called The Supernaturalists. It's actually quite good. here's the story.

Quote:
It's set in the 3rd millenium, in a city called Sattelite City (named because everything is controlled by a gigantic sattelite run by the Myashi Corp, called Myashi 8). The city is worse for wear. And lately, the sattelite has been mucking up. Anyways, the main character, an orphan called Cosmo Hill (so called because he was found on Cosmonaught Hill) lives in the Clarissa Frayne Institute for Parentally Challanged Boys. There, they are subjected to medical testing to earn the institute more money. Anyway, one day, the sattelite mucks up and the bus the clarrisa frayne boys (including Cosmo) are on is derailed. Cosmo escapes with his friend Francis, and they are pursued by Marshall Redwood. When they are on a roof, Cosmo and Ziplock (who are joined together at handcuffs) fall off a roof and onto another building, where they get an electric shock. Then Cosmo see's something coming towards him and Ziplock. 2 blue creatures that no-one else can see. The go ontop of Cosmo and Ziplock and start sucking the life out of they. But it then explodes on Cosmo's chest. It was shot by The Supernaturalists. They save Cosmo's life and they take Cosmo home after they realise that he can see the creatures, or Parasites as they're know. He joins them. He becomes a Supernaturalist.

And thats just the first chapter! I would advise you all to go and read it. Now. Stop reading this post and go and buy this book! Please!

Anyway, has anyone else actually read it? *hopes in desperation that he's not the only person who has read it.*

Offtopic: This is my longest post!

ImageImage
Set - Sunnie
Blinkie - Chass
Left.
ALL HAIL XENU!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:24 am 
PPT God
PPT God

nope havn't read it yet, but you know that the 3th millenium is from 2001-3000 :P, so that it can be in the year 2001 aswell :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:27 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

I used to like the Artemis Fowl books a few years ago. They were pretty good. I dunno, I might check out this book :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:46 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Ooh, I'm in the middle of that book right now! I like it a lot. Eoin Colfer is so good at mixing fast-paced action with ingenious technology that he manages to explain in detail without slowing the pace.

Formerly Miss Padfoot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:18 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I read it the day I bought it. Very good book, I now own all of his books except for The Wishlist, and I want that one. :D

Image Image
Set MOOGIE! | Cell Dawn2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:36 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
I've read it and its a decent read, however with every book the author seems to get a little worse (The wish list being the exception, + the Myishi group were also in it O_o).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:44 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I've read it. It was good but I liked the Artemis Fowl books more. Actually I liked the Wish List more as well. Ah well, it's still a good read.

Image Image
Amazing set by Shadowfare, go get one ;) / Check out the cool iPod, thanks to Amethyst

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:31 pm 

I read it, and love it just as much as the Artemis Fowl books. I'm hoping to order The Wish List from Amazon.com soon. :D

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]