Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 5:26 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Harry Potter SPOILERS HERE
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:48 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: THE HEART OF DARKNESS. *ominous drums* Haha, just kidding, I'm stalking you. :D
All right. As our 'Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince' thread was more of an everything-HP thread, this new split is simply named 'Harry Potter'. Just so you're not going, "OMG LIEK ALEX MESD UP TEH TYTL".

Previous thread can be found here.

Here are a few other handy links...

J.K. Rowling's site. She's the author of the books, remember?

The flash version of the above site.

Bloomsbury's HP site. Bloomsbury is the UK publisher of the HP books.

Scholastic's HP site. Scholastic is the US HP publisher.

Warner Bros.' HP site. They make the HP movies.

The Harry Potter Lexicon. Incredibly useful if you need to find a certain spell, character, etc.

The HP Lexicon is part of the Floo Network, a group of websites that includes HP news, the Lexicon, JKR quotes and a gallery of HP-related pictures.

Mugglenet, of the largest and most popular fansites.

HPANA is another great fansite.

The Daily Snitch. Livejournal community. Every day, there's a daily post full of useful, not-so-useful but cool and just plain interesting links.

Definitive Harry Potter Canon Characterisation Guide. A guide to, well, the canon HP characters. Quite interesting.

Post if you find any other good HP sites. Well, put that in as part of your post. This is the HP books thread, not the HP sites thread. =)

No movie links, please. Remember, this is the books thread. =P

And, now that I think of it... No shipping wars, please. Harry/Hermione fans, no casting any Unforgivables on anyone who ships Ron/Hermione, please. And vice versa. Same goes for all other shippers. (Oh, and ship=well, couple, really. For example, I 'ship' Harry/Ginny. So I favor that pairing over any of the other Harry or Ginny pairings, like Harry/Luna or Ginny/Draco.)

can't find the sig from this set, so instead, you get a <3 .

Last edited by Xandra on Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:08 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Location: New Jersey. The state we love to hate and hate to love.
My mom's boyfriend works for Scholastic. (They publish Harry Potter in the US.) He says everytime a new book comes out, everyone at work wears harry potter hats and brings in stuffed animal owls and cats. Pretty fun. ^__^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:47 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

There's A guide to all the Harry Potter characters you wanted to know and millions more =D (Whoah...that almost seems a little too perky)
and Diagon Lane

Just wondering....Has Luna Lovegood's return (not such a minor character sort of deal) been discussed?

Ooh. It's pretty. :D See all the pretty presents? They can be yours if you vote for me. Yet, none of you know me. T_T How sad. There's no way to get the pretty presents then. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:32 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: In my own little world... but at least they know me here! (DFW)
Cassi (I think) wrote:
AFI_Sorrow wrote:

I've always loved the British versions so much better than the US. But unfortunetley, I live in the US...
I'm so antsy for this book to come out. My birthday is very soon after it, so I'll definetley get it for my birthday. (And maybe if I'm nice *bats eyelashes* a day or two before.)

Amazon.co.uk.

I have two copies of most the books, because I bought the English version when it came out in paperback. =P

Actually, you can get ALL languages off of the American Amazon, I believe (each language with it's corresponding cover), pluse the UK Edition... You can even get it in Latin, though why anyone would want it in Latin is beyond me...

And I'm still sticking to either Harry/Hermione or Harry/Ginny as who Harry gets together with...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:30 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

JellyFish72 wrote:
Actually, you can get ALL languages off of the American Amazon, I believe (each language with it's corresponding cover), pluse the UK Edition... You can even get it in Latin, though why anyone would want it in Latin is beyond me...

Really? That's news to me. I always got Stu to buy me the UK version. =)

Ali is love.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:14 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

I can't wait for the Half-Blood Prince to come out!!!! It's going to be sooo good! :D
I think the covers were posted on the old thread, so I won't post them again, but what does everyone think of them? I reckon that the covers of the books hold quite big clues to the story-line...

And just a question... do the illustrators get to read the books first? Because I want to be a publisher if they do! :P :battar: ^_^

Want Neopets goodies for FREE????!!??!! Sure you do! Check out this thread: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=38039 :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:02 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

JellyFish72 wrote:

And I'm still sticking to either Harry/Hermione or Harry/Ginny as who Harry gets together with...

Hermione is going to end up with Ron...it's already fairly obvious from the other books about that one, at least in my opinion.

Personally I'm going for a Harry and Luna match lol

Image~My Neko Set!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:26 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Lady Night wrote:

Personally I'm going for a Harry and Luna match lol

That would be interesting to say the least. :P I liked Luna a lot, I hope she has a bigger part in the next one. But Harry with her...eh, I don't know. Maybe Neville?
I was rooting for Harry and Cho Chang, but I think it's obvious that there is too much trouble with that one.

And about the covers, I still prefer the covers from England. Never really liked the covers in the US.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:30 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

I'm hoping for a Harry/Ginny match too! :) But I'm still not sure about Ginny... I hope we're going to find out more about her in HBP. *evil grin* I want an evil Ginny storyline again, sorta like Chamber, which is why I hope it will happen as the two books are linked. ^_^

JK Rowling has said that Luna is one of her favourite characters, so I'm guessing she'll play quite a big part in this coming book! Hope so anyway...

I like all the book covers. I think it's quite obvious that Harry is now going to take Poitions a NEWT level, so we can expect more Snape/Harry arguments. I expected he would anyway, as he still wants to be an auror, right?

I'M SOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!! :o ... still ages to go though... :oops:

Want Neopets goodies for FREE????!!??!! Sure you do! Check out this thread: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=38039 :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:10 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

maniac wrote:
I'm hoping for a Harry/Ginny match too! :) But I'm still not sure about Ginny... I hope we're going to find out more about her in HBP. *evil grin* I want an evil Ginny storyline again, sorta like Chamber, which is why I hope it will happen as the two books are linked. ^_^

Yes...bring the evil Ginny back...Perhaps an evil Hermione would be fun too...(revenge for all those times when Ron and Harry blamed everything on her)

Ooh. It's pretty. :D See all the pretty presents? They can be yours if you vote for me. Yet, none of you know me. T_T How sad. There's no way to get the pretty presents then. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:39 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: In my own little world... but at least they know me here! (DFW)
Well, the Harry/Ginny thing sounds the coolest to me...

*Spoiler!!!*
Because of how she liked him until recent books, and then at the end of OotP, Ron gives Harry a furitive look on the train, over something Ginny said... I don't remember all I noticed last time I read OotP, but that just stood out to me...
*End Spoiler!!!*

And, yes, as far as I know you can get all versions of Amazon...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:48 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Picture of Cover:

ImageImage19 Points!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:54 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Ooo I reckon Dumbledore is gonna show Harry something important in his Pensieve.

It's coming...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:04 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Cassi wrote:
JellyFish72 wrote:

Really? That's news to me. I always got Stu to buy me the UK version. =)

We were going to get a copy in latin.

JellyFish, i'd assume it's for people learning latin to make it more enjoyable, and them able to put it into a context?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:11 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

maniac wrote:
I think it's quite obvious that Harry is now going to take Poitions a NEWT level, so we can expect more Snape/Harry arguments.

Yay for more Snape/Harry arguments. Those are the best kind in my opinion. Snape is such an interesting character. I'm not sure if I like him or not though, he seems so nasty. But you have to admit, that's what makes you want to read even more into his past, present and future.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next