SHHH!!! Can you read? Want to prove it? Meet fellow book worms and discuss the literary brilliance of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
Topic locked

Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator

Mon May 16, 2005 7:24 pm

Is there anywhere that you can read this book online? I was reading my copy and lost it a few days ago but I can't find it. I want to finish reading it but nobody I know has a copy.

Mon May 16, 2005 7:37 pm

i read phantom of the opera online here -

http://www.online-literature.com/

but to be honest I don't think they have it. You'd be better off buying a cheap copy from Oxfam or Waterstones (3 books for a fiver, yay) or suchlike.

Tue May 17, 2005 3:26 pm

Eh, I didn't think that book was that great in the first place. Anyway, I can't help you - the only time I remember seeing it was in an elementary-school VP's office. And that was a pretty beat-up copy. For all I know, it's out of print.

Tue May 17, 2005 5:09 pm

I wasn't a big fan, either. I got my copy from Ollie's for some nice low price. :P

Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:04 pm

I love that book! I got mine at either Border's or Barnes and Noble about three years ago. I really don't think it's out of print though; but if it is, you could look on http://www.amazon.com or on Ebay.

Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:49 pm

i read charlie and the chocolate factory and i thought that the great glass elevator was just a chapter in that book but then i did a search on barnes and noble and i found that that book was actually a full book. Wow ill read it soon just to see how it is. :)

Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:42 pm

I can probably find you a copy somewhere. But I'm not saying that I will, because it might be not-so-legal.

:>

Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:38 am

I remember trying to read charlie and the great glass elevator as a kid but getting bored and never finishing. I'd probably read it now though but I think I would rather someone just tell me what happened.

Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:26 am

I enjoyed it. The monsters were quite cool. Scary when you're little.

Quentin Blake illustrations <3
Topic locked