Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 6:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 433 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:44 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Aw geez. I had a dream last night and I was reading Harry Potter (Don't remember which one) and it was right. The words were like they are in the actul book, and I read something and said "OH! Thats RAB!" Then... I forgot. Phooey.

Set by Twisted Sanity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:34 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Quote:
I noticed in the fourth book that Mr Weasly poured Mrs. Weasly a glass of Ogdens firewhiskey. Then in the six book when Harry and Dumbledore had there first meeting they were talking about Bob Ogden. I don't really have a theory for weather it actuly means something or if J.K ran out of names, but just something I noticed.....
#

AND In the fith book I belive, I found another Ogden.

*hem hem*
(prepares for quote)
Quote:
'Oh bravo!' cried Proffesor Tofty, who was examining Harry again, when Harry demonstrated a perfect Boggart banishing spell. 'Very good indead! Well, I think thats all Potter ... unless ...'
He leaned forwards a little.
'I heared from my dear friend Tiberius Ogden, that you can produce a patronus? For a bonus point ... ?'

[page 630]

I am gonna take a wild guess and say that Tiberius Ogden works at the ministry. It could also be possible that he is a member of the Wizengamot. As during the hearing Harry is asked by Madame Bopnes if he could produce a patronus. (page 129)

Quote:
I imagine Lily and James are played by the same people we saw in PoA, in the whirly photograph of angst.
-Josephine

I was watching the PoA on dvd and on the picture scene I paused and zommed. The guy looks nothing like Harry. And they are definately not the same people who played his parents in the first film when Harry was looking into the mirror.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:07 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Twitchy wrote:
Quote:
'Oh bravo!' cried Proffesor Tofty, who was examining Harry again, when Harry demonstrated a perfect Boggart banishing spell. 'Very good indead! Well, I think thats all Potter ... unless ...'
He leaned forwards a little.
'I heared from my dear friend Tiberius Ogden, that you can produce a patronus? For a bonus point ... ?'

[page 630]

He's a member of the Wizengamot who resigned in protest at the posting of Umbridge at Hogwarts, along with Griselda Marchbanks. Naturally, he would have been present at Harry's trial.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:34 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Twitchy wrote:
I was watching the PoA on dvd and on the picture scene I paused and zommed. The guy looks nothing like Harry. And they are definately not the same people who played his parents in the first film when Harry was looking into the mirror.

Actually, I belive that they are the same

Both movies credit James Potter played by Adrian Rawlins, and Lily Potter as Geraldine Somerville.

They are also credited in the GoF movie too :)

Captain Insano wrote: I'd like to change my name to Bno2 please, as he is my hero.
Shoyru_Lover wrote: i want to change my gender

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:53 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I'm rereading GoF at a very, very slow pace. It's an angsty experience. You just can't see everybody at the welcome-back feast without thinking about what lies in their future. Then there are all these maddening debates about The-Former-Professor-Who-Will-Not-Be-Named. At that point in "The Egg and the Eye," I slammed my book down and shouted, "SO AM I!" And I'm remembering all these things like the Handshake of Hostility (which makes me swoon) and TFPWWNBN showing Fudge his arm (the one thing I feel like I'm explaining away, but I always wondered how Fudge could toss that one aside.)

Incidentally, no matter how much I admire Brandon Ford for using the term TFPWWNBN, this is the only space where I will use it, because of spoilers and confusion for the masses and, in every new hardcore Potter culture, a required explanation that it's a term of disgust, thank you, not of fear.

Do what you will; but I will hinder it if I may.

-- Eowyn of the Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:36 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I've read all the books - PS, CoS, PoA and GoF in portuguese and OotP and HBP in english, but the only book I can remember everything in HBP since I read it a few time ago. I can't recall anything from the OotP, that book is a blurry spot in my mind and I'm too lazy to re-read it.

I actually started reading the PS again so that maybe I could read the series again, but I'm too lazy plus I still want to read the LoTR trilogy and the Eragon again.

I'm so lazy :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:09 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I FOUND ANOTHER OGDEN!!!
If I could just remember were!

I read the 6th one again. It is really depressing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:48 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Divine wrote:
(*Dranzer*) wrote:
On the Borgin theory, but would he have the courage to brave the water, bring some sucker along to drink the potion, and switch the lockets?

Well, he might have been braver before, you never know O_O.

I have no idea who could be the other person, though. I have another theory (but this might not make sense) that maybe Borgin could have put that potion there?

Anyways, this is really confusing.

Just adding to this theory, we know Borgin knows his stuff about Dark Magic. Perhaps he drank the potion, realised what it was and only barely managed to cure himself. As a result of nearly dying, he became a lot more nervous (especially knowing that he nearly died when Voldie didn't even know that he was going after the Horcrux, I mean, what would Voldie do to him if he realised it was Borgin that took it ??)

I like the Borgin idea (especially seeing how Voldie and him knew each other) and I wouldn't trust that confirmation about Regulus. If I were Rowling, I wouldn't be revealing anything entirely true to anybody I couldn't 100% trust to keep it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:33 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Twitchy wrote:
I FOUND ANOTHER OGDEN!!!
If I could just remember were!

I read the 6th one again. It is really depressing.

Really, I doubt there is anything to do with Ogden. Its a kind of whisky and a last name. Maybe the people are related to the makers of the whiskey.
On a side note, I don't really like the Borgin idea. I think it will be someone we don't even know, or someone from book 4 or 5.

Set by Twisted Sanity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:57 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Arrabella Figg is (according to the book) a MRS but we never hear about her husband. It may be that we learn something about him in the 7th book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:22 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Yeah, the Ogdens are probably a pure-blood family that isn't very important in the scheme of things.

I do find it interesting that Rufus Scrimgeour is related to one Brutus Scrimgeour, who wrote The Beater's Bible. Actually, before HBP I was wondering what the devil a Quidditch enthusiast could be doing interrogating Aurors.

But my main obsession right now is tracking down each and every reference to spiders in the entire series. Seriously, reread HBP and then try and tell me I'm barmy to think the spiders mean something. Anyway, what I've picked up is generally bad news, but spiders are the ancient enemy of the basilisk, which I guess supports the Loose Cannon theory.

Do what you will; but I will hinder it if I may.

-- Eowyn of the Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:10 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Location: Drooling over Severus Snape in delicious IMAX size.
Josephine wrote:
I still think that Regalus is far, far too predictable for JKR.

I don't agree. I think we've become so used to the way JKR thinks that it's become normal for us to think that way too. :)

Set by _jaye_!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:51 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

More proof against the RAB theory/confirmed by close friend thing

JKR wrote:
JKR: When I'm working on it, you mean? Virtually no one, which is, for me, it's a necessary condition of work, I have this reputation for being reclusive. Now, that came, I’m not sure that it holds so true in America, but in Britain you really can’t read an article on me, and I read probably a hundredth of what's out there so I know it must be happening more, without the world reclusive being attached to my name. I’m not reclusive in the slightest. What they mean is that I'm secretive and I don’t do a lot of – I’m secretive because that for me is necessary condition of work. It's got nothing to do with the franchise, it's got nothing to do with trying to protect "the property” – I hate it being called “the property” but other people call it “the property” – it’s because I think if you discuss the work while you’re doing it you tend to dissipate the energy you need to do it.

You will meet, we've all met, a hell of a lot of people who stand in bars and discuss the novels they are writing. If they were writing they'd be at home actually writing it. Very occasionally I might tell Neil that, I say, I've had good day, or I've, you know, I wrote good joke, it made me laugh, whatever, but I would never discuss in details.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 433 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29