Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 3:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:56 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Twizzler0171 wrote:
Ammer wrote:
You do know that she is making three more after this one? One for Year Seven and two of Harry's after life.

Ammer said 'After life'. That means Harry's a ghost, obviously. :lol:

OH. I read it fast and thought it said 'life after Hogwarts' :lol:

But xaviersxmen, she DEFINITELY wouldn't say she's writing about Harry's 'after life'. That would be saying he dies, and we have about as much chance of her admitting that right now as we do of Draco dressing up as McGonagall and running around Hogsmeade naked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:44 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Twizzler0171 wrote:
Ammer wrote:
You do know that she is making three more after this one? One for Year Seven and two of Harry's after life.

Ammer said 'After life'. That means Harry's a ghost, obviously. :lol:

I am positive that she would not say that. That would mean that he dies, of course, which J.K. Rowling would not give away.

the greatest love story never told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:15 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: THE HEART OF DARKNESS. *ominous drums* Haha, just kidding, I'm stalking you. :D
Ammer wrote:

She's not. The last two chapters of the seventh book, JKR's stated, are sufficient enough.

However, she may write an eighth book if she needs to, apparently. But that's it.

can't find the sig from this set, so instead, you get a <3 .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:19 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm going to be kind of sad when it's all over. Didn't she say she was going to write something for adults after Harry's done?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:02 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Yeah I dont see her giving that much info about after the seven books. She hardly says anything as it is and that would be somehting we wouldnt get out of her intill after all these books.

One page Neosite!!
My Forum!
Simulation-ville

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:38 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Mark wrote:
we have about as much chance of her admitting that right now as we do of Draco dressing up as McGonagall and running around Hogsmeade naked.

That made my day, thank you. **collapses in a fit of laughter**

Well. I'm still under the belief that the Half-Blood Prince is Tom Riddle. I was thinking about it, and some things crossed my mind. The books are not just about Harry. They're about Harry-and-Voldemort. We've gone into Harry's past plenty, but what about Voldemort? What drives him, what made him snap, what events turned him from Tom Riddle to Voldemort? You don't become the evilest Dark wizard in the world overnight. These things have been touched on in previous books (mainly 2 and 4) but I'm hoping that we'll be delving deeper.

Love is blindness. -- Set by my Secret Santa =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:49 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Sapphire Faerie wrote:
Mark wrote:
we have about as much chance of her admitting that right now as we do of Draco dressing up as McGonagall and running around Hogsmeade naked.

Well. I'm still under the belief that the Half-Blood Prince is Tom Riddle. I was thinking about it, and some things crossed my mind. The books are not just about Harry. They're about Harry-and-Voldemort. We've gone into Harry's past plenty, but what about Voldemort? What drives him, what made him snap, what events turned him from Tom Riddle to Voldemort? You don't become the evilest Dark wizard in the world overnight. These things have been touched on in previous books (mainly 2 and 4) but I'm hoping that we'll be delving deeper.

But J K Rowling said that the half blood prince was neither Harry nor Voldemort!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:57 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Twitchy wrote:
Sapphire Faerie wrote:
Mark wrote:

But J K Rowling said that the half blood prince was neither Harry nor Voldemort!!!

Exactly. She said it wasn't Voldemort. She did not say that it wasn't Tom Riddle. Tom Riddle is the man that Voldemort once was. I really don't consider them to be the same (they are and they aren't, you know?) and Voldemort didn't want to be Tom riddle, that's why he changed his name. He didn't want the muggle name.
I feel that it would be just like an author to say "It's not Voldemort" just to throw us off. If I was writing bestsellers and I knew there'd be loony people (like us =D) speculating on internet forums, I'd do the same thing just to throw them off. It works on soap operas, doesn't it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:35 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Well, Tom Riddle, is Voldemort. It's like voldemorts shell.....Tom Riddle, isn't completley Voldemort, but, he is part of him. But yes I agree. It would be just like an auther to say that. But that doesn't mean that that is what is going to happen.

Quote:
Their are clues in the second book;Harry Potter and the Chamber Of Secrets.

It is probably going to be someone completley unexpected. Somene J K Rowling would have thought that none of her fans would have guessed of. Someone like a family member from the dursleys. Nevil, many people think it is him but;

Quote:
He choose you Harry. Not the pure blood[which acording to himwas the only type of wizad worth being] but you, trhe half blood like himself.

That isn't the exact quote, but it's close enough. So, it can;t be Nevil, because it is the Half Blood Prince, and nevil is 'pure blood'. Malfoy is pure blood too.

I thought it would be sean finigan, I am pretty sure he is half blood.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:12 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Mark wrote:
But xaviersxmen, she DEFINITELY wouldn't say she's writing about Harry's 'after life'. That would be saying he dies, and we have about as much chance of her admitting that right now as we do of Draco dressing up as McGonagall and running around Hogsmeade naked.

*stare* I -so- want to see that film of Malfoy when it's out.

Tommmmmmm *drool*

The cinema would be packed with girl going TOMMMMM...

that's me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:15 am 
PPT God
PPT God

jellyoflight wrote:
Mark wrote:

*stare* I -so- want to see that film of Malfoy when it's out.

Tommmmmmm *drool*

The cinema would be packed with girl going TOMMMMM...

LOL, and I would be oe of them. lol :lol: :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:03 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Twitchy wrote:
Well, Tom Riddle, is Voldemort. It's like voldemorts shell.....Tom Riddle, isn't completley Voldemort, but, he is part of him. But yes I agree. It would be just like an auther to say that. But that doesn't mean that that is what is going to happen.

Quote:
Their are clues in the second book;Harry Potter and the Chamber Of Secrets.

It is probably going to be someone completley unexpected. Somene J K Rowling would have thought that none of her fans would have guessed of. Someone like a family member from the dursleys. Nevil, many people think it is him but;

Quote:
He choose you Harry. Not the pure blood[which acording to himwas the only type of wizad worth being] but you, trhe half blood like himself.

That isn't the exact quote, but it's close enough. So, it can;t be Nevil, because it is the Half Blood Prince, and nevil is 'pure blood'. Malfoy is pure blood too.

I thought it would be sean finigan, I am pretty sure he is half blood.

Seamus Finnegan is a half-blood. But she also said that she also named Chamber Of Secrets "Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince". The books are always named for something that takes a fairly vital roll in them:
The Philosoper's/Sorcerer's Stone (Harry saved it from Voldemort). The
Chamber Of Secrets (Harry went into it and met Tom Riddle). The
Prisoner Of Azkaban (Harry things the PoA is responsible for his parent's death and now whats to kill him)
The Goblet Of Fire (It spewed out his name, which is why he participated in the tournement, which helped Voldemort to be reborn)
The Order Of The Pheonix (Society created to help protect Harry/The world from Voldemort)

The last two are kind of minor, GoF could have been called "Harry Potter and the Tri-Wizard Tournement" you could get more specific with events that actually occured in that graveyard, but they might give away too much.
OotP could have been called "Harry Potter and the Department of Mysterys" or better yet "Harry Potter and the Lost Prophesy".
My point? Whoever the HBP is, it's someone worthy enough of having Book 2 named after them. Granted she said she removed stuff from Book 2, and when she did, she decided to change the title. If the HPB was anyone but Tom Riddle, she would have had to have taken quite a bit out of book 2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:00 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Don't forget that Hagrid played a big part in Book 2 as well. Wasn't Collin Creevy in Book 2? Does anyone remember if he is a half-blood or not? I thought it was mentioned somewhere that he had good potential or strong powers or something (that he might not realize), just as a sidenote somewhere or something.

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:13 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Jasujo wrote:
Don't forget that Hagrid played a big part in Book 2 as well. Wasn't Collin Creevy in Book 2? Does anyone remember if he is a half-blood or not? I thought it was mentioned somewhere that he had good potential or strong powers or something (that he might not realize), just as a sidenote somewhere or something.

I think Colin is a half-blood. Remember he said something about his dad being a milkman?

Riddle sounds like a very good possibility, and Sapphire Faerie made some good points. It definitely would have to be someone worthy of having book 2 named after them. Tom definitely fits that description.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:20 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Twitchy wrote:

Well, of course Tom Riddle is Voldemort. He's just different. He's not Voldemort, but he's... Voldemort. If you see what I mean.

Of course it doesn't mean it's going to happen. We're as clueless as you are, and trying to put forward suggestions. *shrug* We never said - "that is going to happen omgroflmao i cawnt spel". I dunno why I added the chatspeak in there, but anyway. O_o

|| Set // WIS < 33 ||

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15