Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Keys to the Kingdom
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:59 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

While browsing through the library the other day looking for a book for English project, my friend and I caugth sight of a book called 'Mister Monday'. We both cracked up at the stupid title, until we realized it ws by Garth Nix. (One of our favorite authors)

So, we both checked out a vopy, read it, LOVED it. And I just got the second one. ^^

So, anyway. New series by Garth Nix. It's amazing. 3/7 books out so far:

Mister Monday
Grim Tuesday
Drowned Wednesday
Sir Thursday (coming soon!)

Mas mothaionn tu fein mar rud eigin caite ar an dtra...
Lig dom goideail an croi duit...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:56 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yeah, I've read all the ones out at the moment. I think my Mister Monday is a signed copy, too, but I can't really remember.

They're alright. I of course have to get them all because it's a series and I get annoyed if I don't know what happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:06 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
I've read the first two (as they are the only ones out here since last time I checked).

They're quite good, the quirky oddness is great though sometimes a bit overdone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:20 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Igg wrote:
Yeah, I've read all the ones out at the moment. I think my Mister Monday is a signed copy, too, but I can't really remember.

They're alright. I of course have to get them all because it's a series and I get annoyed if I don't know what happens.

What she said, only it's my Drowned Wednesday that's signed.

Ali is love.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:06 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Oh! I knew I had read some Garth Nix before, I just couldn't place where I had read it. I think I've read more than that, but I can only remember reading Mister Monday at the moment. I haven't read the rest of the series, though. =(

I enjoyed them, very odd, though. But it was interesting at the same time. I can't really remember what happened in the book, and the parts I do remember are probably in mixed up order, but that's alright. ^-^

ImageImageImage
Set by WIS (I think XD), awesome fader by Bangel!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:13 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I actually don't like Garth Nix too much =P. Anyways, I've only read Mister Monday; I borrowed Grim Tuesday from the library but never had time to get around to actually reading it. It's really weird... that's not to say I don't like it, but still =P. Some explanations would be nice...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:38 am 

The Keys to the Kingdom series is pretty good. I've read all three books and I can't wait for the next book!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:50 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: THE HEART OF DARKNESS. *ominous drums* Haha, just kidding, I'm stalking you. :D
I looooove anything Garth Nix writes, and the Keys to the Kingdom series is no exception- I randomly found MM at the bookstore like the day it came out, and I had no idea he'd even started writing another series, so I was very much "OMGYAYZ!!!!"

*Hugs copies of all three books*

Though I've been waiting for Thursday every since DW came out, and it's been a really long wait so far, so I really hope we at least get a release date soon (unless there already is one, and I didn't know...). :/

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]