Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:48 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Pick my next few reads in order! :)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:29 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

After browsing here and there I've collected a few books I'm interested in and am wondering whether anyone has read them, or have comments to say about. If you could, select the next book that you think -- out of all -- is the better. Suggestions are welcome. (:

A. Redwall Series - Brian Jacques
B. Through Wolf's Eyes - Jane Linderskold
C. Across the Nightingale Floor - Lian Hearn
D. Norwegian Wood - Haruki Murakami
E. Memoirs of a Geisha - Arthur Golden
F. Out - Natsuo Kirino
G. Wicked - Gregory Maguire

A: I heard that each book in the 'series' is stand alone, so please recommend your favoured out of all so I know what to start with.
B: Though I heard a few people dislike this one, I am a huge fan of wolves. Reading the summary for some reason faintly reminded me of Princess Mononoke, and although I'm sure the book is nothing like it I thought the basic idea was pretty neat.
C, D, E, F & G: These are few that I found on Barnes and Noble's recommended books, and because I have a large interest in asian culture I thought these seemed like a good idea. On Memoirs' case, I heard it was actually written by a TN non-asian male and to take it lightly (as I've heard claims of how the book does not reflect japanese culture correctly), and I understand this. Wicked was something a few friends pestered me to read so I added that on here for the heck of it.

And on a side note, does anyone recommend any good murder mysteries?. I know James Patterson and a few other authors are very good, but could you tell me the title of your favourite?. I know this isn't exactly PG-13, but as long as I didn't discuss any plots or what's actually in the book itself I thought this would be okay.

Please edit anything if you feel it doesn't comply with rules, I didn't mean to break anything if I did. :)

Quote:
Image How come in the TCG: Darkest Faerie edition there's a Yellow Gallion, but no such option to paint your Gallion this colour exists?.

Post subject: Re: Pick my next few reads in order! :)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:18 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Dusket wrote:
And on a side note, does anyone recommend any good mysteries?. I know James Patterson and a few other authors are very good, but could you tell me the title of your favourite?. I know this isn't exactly PG-13, but as long as I didn't discuss any plots or what's actually in the book itself I thought this would be okay.

i forgot the title but its by dean koontz, this guy just randomly picked a person and now is giving him two choices on who to save and he cant go to the cops..pretty interesting

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:26 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

A, B, G, E, C, D, F

James Patterson and Jeffery Deaver are love! Cat and Mouse, Speaking in Tongues, Kiss the Girls... <3

Mas mothaionn tu fein mar rud eigin caite ar an dtra...
Lig dom goideail an croi duit...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:09 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Haven't read any except A and E xDDD

From Brian Jaques, I really enjoyed Martint the Warrior (which could be in the Redwell series or the prequel to it, I forgot.) And as for Memoirs of the Geisha, it's really a very good book, even if some of the culture references are incorrect. Actually, I heard that Arthur Golden did a LOT of research before he wrote it, so I don't think the claims you have heard are true :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:46 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Location: MB, Canada State: Solid               State: Denial           State: Gekko
Well, I may be biased, but I like Redwall out of that list.

The only other book I've read from the list is Wicked.

In my opinion, the best book (that I've read so far) in the Redwall series is, hands down, Martin the Warrior. The Pearls of Lutra is also good, but Martin's the best.

D&D Encounters - Forum Text Adventure!
The Werewiki - Werewiki Forums
@DylPage - @Werewiki

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:13 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

The only one of the books on your list that I've read is Across the Nightingale Floor which is very good but once you read it you'll definately want to read the other two books in the series.
Some mystery writers I really enjoy are Margaret Maron and Nevada Barr.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:37 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

The only one from your list that I've read is the Redwall series. I've yet to pick up the latest novel, but I've found Redwall itself to be my favorite, along with Mossflower, Martin the Warrior, and The Legend of Luke as close seconds. :)

Post subject: Re: Pick my next few reads in order! :)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:45 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
alien wrote:
Dusket wrote:
And on a side note, does anyone recommend any good mysteries?. I know James Patterson and a few other authors are very good, but could you tell me the title of your favourite?. I know this isn't exactly PG-13, but as long as I didn't discuss any plots or what's actually in the book itself I thought this would be okay.

i forgot the title but its by dean koontz, this guy just randomly picked a person and now is giving him two choices on who to save and he cant go to the cops..pretty interesting

Almost everything by Dean Koontz is good. I've read probably a good 20 or so books written by him and out of that, there has only been 1 that I haven't liked. Some of his books are very mysterious and full of suspense almost all the way to the end of the book. I've heard that Memoirs of a Geisha is a really good book, even though there are some inaccurate things. I'm actually thinking about picking up a copy so I have something to read during my vacation.

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]