SHHH!!! Can you read? Want to prove it? Meet fellow book worms and discuss the literary brilliance of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
Topic locked

When did you learn to read

Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:28 am

So, When did you?

Please choose

I started reading at the age of 3

Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:43 am

Properly?
Errrrr o_O
About nine.
Course within a year of that I was the best reader in the entire school.

Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:50 am

Hmm, pretty early. I always got in trouble in first grade for reading those "Little House on the Praries" books when I was supposed to be pretending to be learning to read from those Jack and Jane books :roll:

Also I had this reading test in the 4th grade that said that, at the time, I was at the reading level of a 10th grade student. So what am I at now o.O

Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:36 am

I started reading and counting at about age 2 thanks to my grandfather (a librarian so amazing he was knighted). Then he died =/

Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:19 am

I started reading when I was 3 or 4.

Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:49 am

You mean when I started to learn? About 3, I think.

Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:05 pm

i started at about 3-4 i think.. and then after that went mad with it.

i know someone who started reading at 17 months.. but then again he is a member of mensa...

Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:08 pm

5 and a quarter. I started pretty late. But I started reading better than most people, so i guess it evens out.

Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:31 pm

I'm not sure. It was early though because I had to go into the year above mine for English lessons for the entire of primary school... which then meant I had to repeat my final year. My old school was stupid.

Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:24 pm

I don't know oO

Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:11 pm

4 or 5 I think, usual-ish age at school. I had no interest in it before then, too happy drawing and playing with my cuddly toys, hee. I think it was my uncle who learned before he was 2, there are photos of him in one of those old fashioned prams reading a comic book x)

Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:48 am

I learned around the time I turned 3. I've always been extremely proficient in reading (but not in spelling :loser: )

Im in the same boat, Sugarinii. I was always reading books higher than "my level" and in early elementary school I was tested and told I read at a highschool level as well.

I was in 6th grade when I started to read romantic/suspense novels. : P

I LOVE to read. I can go through a good sized book in about 2 hours if no one bothers me.

Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:42 am

I could read the majority of the Suess collection by age two.

Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:30 am

I'd say about 3 or 4, something like that.

Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:20 pm

Umm first year of nursery in Sweden - can't remember my age :)
Topic locked