SHHH!!! Can you read? Want to prove it? Meet fellow book worms and discuss the literary brilliance of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
Topic locked

Re: When did you learn to read

Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:11 pm

Yesterd-

Ah, wait, no. Around 4.

PM.

And it's 6:00 right now.

Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:56 pm

I was about 2 & 1/2 when I started picking up on basic words. Reading is something I was always gifted at. By 1st grade I was at a 5th grade level, 5th grade I could read better than most middle schoolers and in HS I was at a college graduate level. I cant spell for the life of me, but I am a quick reader and have always had my nose in a book.

Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:30 pm

um when I was 4 I know I love to read <3 :hug: ~:>

Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:21 pm

Primary school. Primary 3 I think using Heinaman reading books.

Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:44 am

Picture books at 3.5 and Enid Blyton's series by 6.

Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:17 am

I started reading by myself at 3. However I have had always trouble reading out loud even now. I have a language disorder and I stumble over words. However I love reading. You can find me with a book to read and I am quite advanced.

Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:58 am

MarchingDuck wrote:I was about 2 & 1/2 when I started picking up on basic words. Reading is something I was always gifted at. By 1st grade I was at a 5th grade level, 5th grade I could read better than most middle schoolers and in HS I was at a college graduate level. I cant spell for the life of me, but I am a quick reader and have always had my nose in a book.

Uggggh! I can't spell my way out of a paper bag. If you know what I mean.

Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:18 pm

4, or 3? I don't really know, eeps. I like reading, but lately there's been less and less time to do leisure reading lately. I'm usually buried in various textbooks these days,

Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:17 pm

I can't.

Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:43 pm

i believe i started reading when i was 3, since then my head had never come out of a book, that is unless it is a movie with one of my favourite actors :D

Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:19 pm

Xil wrote:I can't.

Haha you suck.

Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:20 pm

Christopher wrote:

Haha you suck.

What?

Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:43 pm

*pats Xil on the head* There, there...

Erm...yeah. I wrote my first "book" (about African animals, which I was obsessed with at the time) when I was 4, I think, so I probably started reading when I was 3. All I know for sure is that I read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's/Philosopher's Stone when I was 6, so I'm working off of that.

Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:05 pm

I was 5. My father showed me how to print my name and the alphabet, and reading just happened.

My oldest son was 4. I was reading a book to him, and it seemed that he knew the words. So I got a book that he had never read, and he read it himself.

Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:22 am

Xil wrote:
Christopher wrote:

Haha you suck.

What?

Not funny.
At all.
Topic locked