SHHH!!! Can you read? Want to prove it? Meet fellow book worms and discuss the literary brilliance of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
Topic locked

The Acorna Series

Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:08 am

This has got to be one of my all time favorite series. I've just found out that there's an 8th book, so I'm engrosed in that. It jumped to the top of my to-read list :)

Any other fans out there?

Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:53 pm

i found the series interesting (although i prefer pegasus in flight and the rowan) however my library is appalling when it comes to having any complete series.

for some unfathomable reason, they buy the 2nd book in a series, then continue for a few more books, then if enough people complain, then they will buy the first book. o_O

so i've only managed to read the one in which she returns to her people :P and then one about the Khleevi (sp?) returning, but it is a really interesting series, :) i like how she decides she wants to be a zebra :lol:

Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:04 am

That sucks about your library. Mine are usually pretty good, except one time when no where seemed to have the 3rd book in a series.

You should read the rest. They're really good, especially the one about the cats(Acorna's Rebels). The newest one isn't so good unfortuanately, it's too short and it doesn't answer the biggest question in the book.
They'd just better come out with the next one soon.

Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:20 pm

I love acorna, but I've only read the first three books.... That's all my wallet has allowed so far ;) I would never find any of the acorna books in my library, as they only have a small section for fantasy and sci-fi, and don't seem to consider Anne McCaffrey as a popular enough writer :(

Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:56 am

Mmm, Acorna series are good^_^ I'm not sure if I've read the 8th book or not... but I certainly enjoyed reading them^^* Gotta love Anne McCaffrey. These books were co-written though...right? >_> If I remember correctly. It's been a few years O.O

Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:26 pm

Yeah. With Margaret Ball (I think) for the first... 2? And someone else after that. Elizabeth something maybe. I don't remember exactly and I'm too lazy too look it up right now, but yeah, they were co-written. Just check online if you want to know who.
Topic locked