SHHH!!! Can you read? Want to prove it? Meet fellow book worms and discuss the literary brilliance of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
Topic locked

Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:34 pm

The Anne of Green Gables series
Little Women
Pretty much anything where the women wear big pouffy dresses and faint when life becomes more than tediously boring. :roll:

And of course, my best friend and reading buddy LOVES that kind of thing. Sigh.

Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:31 am

D.H. Lawrences 'Women in Love'.

Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:03 am

Aldous Huxley's Brave New World

Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:32 am

ryan.riverside wrote:Aldous Huxley's Brave New World

I was thinking about reading that. Was it really so horrendously awful?

Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:40 pm

You should read it. It is a classic. But I just thought that it was very weird. The incongruity of it, coupled with the way that the professor coupled it, pretty much ruined it for me. But the movie was very humorous, albeit flauntingly homosexual. I didn't really think that the book should have recieved the accolades that it was given. The writing was very mediocre. The reason it was so popular was because of the ideas, not the writing skill of the author.

Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:20 pm

Roadwork by Stephen King - Dear God that was painful.

Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:26 pm

Nessa wrote:Roadwork by Stephen King - Dear God that was painful.

Replace 'Roadwork' with 'pretty much everything' :P

Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:31 pm

Igg wrote:

Ooo... harsh... :)

My parents never let me read Stephen King, and I haven't got around to trying it out yet.

Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:50 am

Igg wrote:

;_; but The Stand is amazing!

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:05 am

I HATE Eragon. I hate it with the burning passion of a thousand suns. It's poorly written, badly paced, has horrid characterization, and is practically copied and pasted from other novels. Paolini's parents own a printing press, which is the only reason that horrifying mess saw the light of day, and I don't give a rip that he was "only 16" when he wrote it. S. E. Hinton wrote The Outsiders at 16, and that beats the crap out of Eragon any day.

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:06 am

Fiddelysquat wrote:I HATE Eragon. I hate it with the burning passion of a thousand suns. It's poorly written, badly paced, has horrid characterization, and is practically copied and pasted from other novels. Paolini's parents own a printing press, which is the only reason that horrifying mess saw the light of day, and I don't give a rip that he was "only 16" when he wrote it. S. E. Hinton wrote The Outsiders at 16, and that beats the crap out of Eragon any day.

I LOVE YOU. <3

Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:52 am

Xela of Xandra wrote:
Fiddelysquat wrote:I HATE Eragon. I hate it with the burning passion of a thousand suns. It's poorly written, badly paced, has horrid characterization, and is practically copied and pasted from other novels. Paolini's parents own a printing press, which is the only reason that horrifying mess saw the light of day, and I don't give a rip that he was "only 16" when he wrote it. S. E. Hinton wrote The Outsiders at 16, and that beats the crap out of Eragon any day.

I LOVE YOU. <3

You hate Eragon too?

I'd marry you if things weren't so complicated. <3

Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:53 am

I respect your opinion but I despise The Outsiders. It wouldn't be so bad, except people talk about it as if it's some great work of art or something--I'm sure you've run into that with Eragon as well, but I never hear it praised as a masterpiece, which it isn't. It may have been better written than Eragon, but I remember it as being incredibly simple, dull, and draggy.

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm

Fiddelysquat wrote:
Xela of Xandra wrote:

I LOVE YOU. <3

You hate Eragon too?

I'd marry you if things weren't so complicated. <3

*ages self and turns one of us into a boy*

No more complications! :D

Though I am still married to Kuge. Oh well, he'll have to put up with his wife marrying another person.

Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:33 pm

I hate "The Sword of Shannara" by Terry Brooks. I HATE it.

Same goes for Stephen King. Why do people read his books? I honestly don't understand. I despise him ._. Why, oh why.

I read... two pages of the Da Vinci Code and I laughed for an hour. His characters are stupid and he just can't write.

And I refuse to even try to read Eragon. I know I'd hate it too.

*takes a deep breath after all the ranting*
Topic locked