Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:00 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:33 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

dreamer wrote:
I haven't read Atlas Shurgged yet, because it's insanely long (the copy I picked up in the bookstore was just over 1,000 pgs) and I already have a stack of other books to read. I read a plot summary though, and I'm looking forward to reading it, when I get that chance.

Francisco is <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:58 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Sugarinii wrote:
Erm...Speak. Everyone else seems to hate it and says it's horribly written, I guess I just like it because I can identify with it. Eh. Plus the cover art is cool. :P

I liked that book too, and recommended it to other people back when I read it. There was another book I read at the time which I have now bought: Saying It Out Loud by Joan Abelove. You might like it, though there's actually no foreseeable link between this and Speak.

Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro. I feel sad that people don't appreciate it. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:41 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Ugh. Eragon. That kid only got published in the first place because his parents owned the company. LotR meets Star Wars, woohoo. Someone needs to take Paolini's thesaurus and set fire to it. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if he slept with it at night. -eyeroll-

Oh yes, back on topic. Everyone I know except my best friend seems to hate A Series of Unfortunate Events. I love these books to death because I love the way they're written, and how everything in them is just so strange. I don't see why people think they're so boring and repetitive, because they really aren't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:38 am 
PPT God
PPT God

dreamer wrote:
ryan.riverside wrote:
There was a week that I decided to read Ayn Raynd. So I read both The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged that week. They are my two favorite books, but the whole reason that I read them in the first place was because my American Literature professor told me that they were the absolute worst books ever written. He said that if anyone read them, liked them, and took a test over it (this was The Fountainhead) and passed with a perfect score, they would automatically pass the reading section of the class. Needless to say I read them and loved them, though I seriously doubt anyone here has read them and likes them.

The Fountainhead is my favorite book. I picked it up because the Ayn Rand Foundation runs a scholarship essay contest for it yearly, which I entered (and lost :P). I haven't read Atlas Shurgged yet, because it's insanely long (the copy I picked up in the bookstore was just over 1,000 pgs) and I already have a stack of other books to read. I read a plot summary though, and I'm looking forward to reading it, when I get that chance.

Hey! You need to fill me in on that!

Co-Chair of the Sugarinii/Tasha Fan Club
Set by my hero, DM!
FFR. Augustine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:32 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: THE HEART OF DARKNESS. *ominous drums* Haha, just kidding, I'm stalking you. :D
hakojo wrote:
Ugh. Eragon. That kid only got published in the first place because his parents owned the company. LotR meets Star Wars, woohoo. Someone needs to take Paolini's thesaurus and set fire to it. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if he slept with it at night. -eyeroll-

Oh yes, back on topic. Everyone I know except my best friend seems to hate A Series of Unfortunate Events. I love these books to death because I love the way they're written, and how everything in them is just so strange. I don't see why people think they're so boring and repetitive, because they really aren't.

Agreed on both points- Paolini is stinky and not all that talented and ASoUE rocks. <3

Except that the latter is overrrrr. :cry:

can't find the sig from this set, so instead, you get a <3 .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:27 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
Xela of Xandra wrote:
Agreed on both points- Paolini is stinky and not all that talented and ASoUE rocks. <3

Thought The End hadn't come out yet?

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:46 am 

o_0 wrote:
Um, some books I like that everyone hates... I am a Shakespeare nut. I love Wicked (but no one's read it ;_;)...

I absolutely LOVED Wicked! Although Son of a Witch was far more entertaining in my opinion. And I also loved Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister. Most people thing Gregory Maguire is boring (most that i've talked to anyway) but so far I've loved every book that I've read of his.

Another book that gets me in trouble because I love it so much is Lamb by Christopher Moore. It's definately not one that very religious people enjoy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:43 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: THE HEART OF DARKNESS. *ominous drums* Haha, just kidding, I'm stalking you. :D
Moongewl wrote:
Xela of Xandra wrote:

Well. It will be overrrrrrrr.

can't find the sig from this set, so instead, you get a <3 .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:28 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Xela of Xandra wrote:
Moongewl wrote:
Xela of Xandra wrote:

Well. It will be overrrrrrrr.

-phew!- You scared me! I was like "I didn't know the last one was out already!!!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:04 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

NeoPet_online wrote:
Anything by Meggin Cabot, Lauren Weisenberger and Candace Bushnell. I know they're all Chick-lit books, but they're really damn good.

I LOVE "The boy next door" by Meg Cabot, it's absolutely brilliant, now I just wish I could FIND it... it's nowhere.

Dune! It was strange, that's probably why I liked it.

halfbakedbliss wrote:
Silas Marner.

Hate... was one of my perscribed books.

-----

Anyway to topic, one of my all time favourite series' is The Time Master Trilogy by Louise Cooper.

No-one else seems to have heard of it. Either way I STRONGLY recomment it. I actually prefer nice thick books that you can get your teeth into and these are not thick, not even close, but they're brilliant!

Oh and one of prescribed books My Family and Other Animals I thought it was sweet and yet every single person whom I've spoken to who've read it hates it. Why?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:05 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Jane Eyre, Pride&Prejudice, Sense&Sensibility, Rebecca, and (I know this one doesn't exactly match) Meg Cabot. There is nothing like a good romance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:08 pm 

classics........love em
katy did series
little women,good wives
and anything written before 1900 my friends look at me like im from another planet
oh yeah....romance and just about anything i grab off the shelf before rushing out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:22 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

In The Middle Of The Night, by Robert Cormier :D

~ The squiggle is my favorite letter of the alphabet ^^ ~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:20 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I'm probably the oldest Junie B. Jones fan. Ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:46 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Location: New Jersey. The state we love to hate and hate to love.
werepup wrote:
xxShannon wrote:
Hmm.. I liked Trainspotting.. it has a movie ( it wasn't really big)... although I don't think I know anybody personally besides the one person to told me about to that has read it..

Well as you'd expect - Trainspotting, being set in Edinburgh was and still is a really big film in Scotland. Irvine Welsh is an incredibly popular author here. :) You are definetely not alone.

Although it was very grimily similar to the truth... Begbie really reminds me of my uncle Alec... nice as anything when he wants to be...

I ADORE Trainspotting. <3 Definetley affirmed, you're not alone.

Kafka. I'm all alone in my English class whenever he's mentioned. No one else shares the love. :{

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next