SHHH!!! Can you read? Want to prove it? Meet fellow book worms and discuss the literary brilliance of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
Topic locked

Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:46 pm

Oh yeah..

I liked Lord of the Flies.

Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:14 pm

.neko. wrote:
SpiraLethe wrote:A good number of the books listed hear are pretty well liked. Slaughterhouse-Five for instance. I don't know anyone who dislikes it.

I despise that book. I chose to read it for my grade 12 english ISP because it fit into my theme. It took me so long to read because I disliked it so much. In retrospect it is a pretty interesting story but I just can't stand it.

In other news, I always enjoyed the classics they made us read in school that no one else admits to liking. I always loved Farenheight 451.

Wow. You're the first person I've encountered who doesn't like it.

Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:58 pm

I think I am the only one in the world who hated Eragon/Eldest. Ugh. I can't even get over how much I hate them.

Um, some books I like that everyone hates... I am a Shakespeare nut. I love Wicked (but no one's read it ;_;)...

Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:25 am

I thought I was one of a small cult following who likes Frank Herbert's Dune. But I found that there are plenty of people who like it, even the cashier at B&N who, upon my going to him to purchase the book, said, in a somewhat enthusiastic tone, "Dune!", and went on to have a brief discussion with me about it and the following books, even suggesting a lesser known one related to the saga to check out.

Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:31 am

A few people don't appreciate the genius of The Catcher In The Rye.

Pure genius, i tell you. <3

Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:45 pm

Moofy wrote:A few people don't appreciate the genius of The Catcher In The Rye.

Pure genius, i tell you. <3

Oh I loved that book, it's on my favourites list... Only a few other people in my english class seemed to like it, everyone else was like "Ewwww it's smelly," in other words. My teacher raved about it for the entire semester though, I think he wanted to be burried with it or something.

Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:34 am

A lot of people I know despise Wuthering Heights. And when I tell them that I like it, they give me one of those "you belong in a white padded cell" looks. ):

Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:35 am

o_0 wrote:I love Wicked (but no one's read it ;_;)...

I've read part of it...I started it on vacation because it was on the bookshelf at the place we rented, but then we had to leave, so I haven't ever read the whole thing. It was too suggestive for my tastes anyway, though. :(

Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:58 pm

I love Magyk and Flyte.

Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:15 pm

Hyperion wrote:I thought I was one of a small cult following who likes Frank Herbert's Dune. But I found that there are plenty of people who like it, even the cashier at B&N who, upon my going to him to purchase the book, said, in a somewhat enthusiastic tone, "Dune!", and went on to have a brief discussion with me about it and the following books, even suggesting a lesser known one related to the saga to check out.

I love Dune!!! I stared Dune Messiah, but it is pretty slow.

Dragonlace books everyone at my school hates. Magyk and Flyte, Artinis Fowl, the Rhapsody books (Symphony of Ages is the real series name), and countless other fantasy books. My school is primarly scary books, realilistic fiction, sports books, and mystery books.

Also, The Red Badge of Courage I can't seem to find anyone who likes it... I like some of the Shakesphere stuff as well.

Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:56 pm

Sugarinii wrote:
NeoPet_online wrote:Anything by Meggin Cabot, Lauren Weisenberger and Candace Bushnell. I know they're all Chick-lit books, but they're really damn good.

You're adorable. XD

Maybe it's just 'cause it helps you get into the mind of females?

You should try the Shopaholic books. XD

Yes. Um... *Cough* that's why I read them.... *Cough*

And I LOVED the Shopaholic books!

Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:00 am

NeoPet_online wrote:
Sugarinii wrote:
NeoPet_online wrote:Anything by Meggin Cabot, Lauren Weisenberger and Candace Bushnell. I know they're all Chick-lit books, but they're really damn good.

You're adorable. XD

Maybe it's just 'cause it helps you get into the mind of females?

You should try the Shopaholic books. XD

Yes. Um... *Cough* that's why I read them.... *Cough*

And I LOVED the Shopaholic books!

OMG YES!

I just finished reading Can You Keep a Secret? and I read The Undomestic Goddess a few months ago. Yayy. :D

Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:20 am

o_0 wrote:I think I am the only one in the world who hated Eragon/Eldest. Ugh. I can't even get over how much I hate them.

Um, some books I like that everyone hates... I am a Shakespeare nut. I love Wicked (but no one's read it ;_;)...

Ooh, I loved Wicked. I read some of his others, but they didn't excite me as much. Wicked was definitely the best.

Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:26 pm

There was a week that I decided to read Ayn Raynd. So I read both The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged that week. They are my two favorite books, but the whole reason that I read them in the first place was because my American Literature professor told me that they were the absolute worst books ever written. He said that if anyone read them, liked them, and took a test over it (this was The Fountainhead) and passed with a perfect score, they would automatically pass the reading section of the class. Needless to say I read them and loved them, though I seriously doubt anyone here has read them and likes them.

Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:57 am

Stolen - A werewolf chiclit by Sparkle Hayter. Normally she does crime with no supernaturally stuff, but she made a fabby job of this one.
Topic locked