SHHH!!! Can you read? Want to prove it? Meet fellow book worms and discuss the literary brilliance of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
Topic locked

Discworld

Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:02 pm

Who else likes Terry Pratchett's excellent, sprawling series? What are your favorite books and characters?

My favorite book in the series is probably Men at Arms, because I love Vimes and the rest of the Watch. My favorite non-watch character is probably Nanny Ogg. :)

Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:19 pm

My dad is terry pratchet obsessed. Myself I have only read The colour of magic and I had to read it 3 times before I understood it.

And I'm still not completely sure. :roflol:

Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:21 pm

I have a friend who used to be obsessed with those, I should probably read them :P

Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:31 pm

The Luggage is one of my favorite book characters ever. He has so much depth! You can really relate to him. I don't like his girlfriend very much though.

Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:58 pm

I love the Terry Pratchett Books, and I've apparently inherited this love from my paternal grandmother. The first one I read was Interesting Times. Also, I have a frame map of the discword :D

Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:16 am

I'm huge fan of Terry Pratchett. My favorite books in the Discworld series are Small Gods and Reaper Man, but I've never been disappointed by anything I've read of his.

Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:38 pm

I've just got my hands on Going Postal!, and my brother says it's the best book so far. Personally I like the witches' series better, namely Witches Abroad (chop-chop, silver plate :roflol: ) and Monstrous Regiment. Overall they're terrific books, I adore the irony behind them.

Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:08 am

I've only read one of the Discworld series and I loved it. I should go read more. My favourite character was DEATH. Hehe.

Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:23 pm

I've heard and seen so much of Discworld, but I have never actually seen the book itself, nor read any of the books in the series. What is this series about?

Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:27 pm

I've only recently started reading the series- I've finished Guards! Guards!, and started The Light Fantastic yesterday. I love it. =D

Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:50 pm

Terry Pratchett is god. I love all his works, but the Witches and Watch series are my personal favourites. Vimes and Granny are two of the best characters I've ever come across.

Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:20 am

Twinkle wrote:I've only read one of the Discworld series and I loved it. I should go read more. My favourite character was DEATH. Hehe.

DEATH IS AWESOME! I really really like his capital letters, haha. Isn't there a DW book where a character says YES and it takes up the whole page? That was pretty funny.

Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:51 am

I LOVE Pratchett. I love the witches series, the Ankh Morpork series, the Death series, all of them. There's something wonderful about the way he writes.

Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:10 am

Most of the books here I have now is the Discworld series. I really like them too :lol:
My first one was Equal Rites.
I don't know what my favorite book is, I like them all.
The character I like depends on the book :oops:

Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:02 pm

halfbakedbliss wrote:
Twinkle wrote:I've only read one of the Discworld series and I loved it. I should go read more. My favourite character was DEATH. Hehe.

DEATH IS AWESOME! I really really like his capital letters, haha. Isn't there a DW book where a character says YES and it takes up the whole page? That was pretty funny.

Yes, I think it's in Reaper Man... when Pratchett wrote extra words especially so the big YES would be in a new page and come as a surprise to the reader (I don't remember the plot clearly now), and he was so smurf out when they messed up with fonts and you could see it in the middle of the page, so you already knew how it would end when you started reading that scene... :roflol: poor guy.
Topic locked