SHHH!!! Can you read? Want to prove it? Meet fellow book worms and discuss the literary brilliance of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
Topic locked

Bookmarks?

Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:11 pm

What do you use for bookmarks, if you even use them?

When I was younger I didn't even use them, but when I started using them I just ended up losing them anyways. So I've taken to using clothing tags to mark my place in books. XD

Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:26 pm

Haha, that's a good use for those.

I usually use whatever I can find that's near me. For example, once I used a receipt and another time I tore off a strip out of the stock section of the newspaper.

When I was little I used actual bookmarks.

Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:03 am

Pretty much anything. Hairclips, reciepts, string, another book.

Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:22 am

Christopher wrote:another book.

And stretch out the book you're reading?!

Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:19 am

I fold the pages down if I dont have a book mark around.

Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:19 am

yeah I usually just use anything I can get my hands on, but I recently found a bookmark from the national gallery that's in the da vinci code at the moment..

Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:33 am

I don't use bookmarks, for some reason. I guess it's because I always end up losing them.

Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:25 am

Sugarinii wrote:

Then by that logic, having the book open when reading it would be a big no-no.

Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:01 am

Dollar bills, sometimes, because I often have them in my pockets. Otherwise I just fold down a corner.

Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:22 am

Normally I just fold down the corner.

Though I've been using a card Ness sent me lately ;P

Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:29 am

If it's a pretty new book, I just remember the page/chapter. Otherwise I just fold down a corner.

Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:59 pm

Christopher wrote:
Sugarinii wrote:

Then by that logic, having the book open when reading it would be a big no-no.

...Shut up. :P

All you fold-the-corner people. Folded corners on a book are a huge pet peeve of mine. Grr.

Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:27 am

If the books mine, I fold the corner*.
If its not (or I have it to hand) I'll use a scrap of paper that is oft to be found roaming the untamed lands of my Bedroom.

* Because of this my favourite book is pretty much falling apart; The illustration on the first page is falling out and the cover's are falling off.
IE: Don't do it if you wanna keep the book for long.
Saying that, said book gets read several times a year (Twice this summer) and has been with me for a good five years now.

Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:34 am

I usually don't use one because when I take it out I end up forgetting where I put it. :oops:
Or I just grab something in the room that is ok to lose.

Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:43 am

In my city we get a transfer ticket when we use the bus, so that if we need to switch busses we won't have to pay again for 90 minutes. I take the bus daily so I use them as book marks.
I save all my real bookmarks because I'd probably lose them, and they're too pretty to waste.
Topic locked