Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 10:18 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: Series of Unfortunate Events
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:33 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Personally, I quit in the middle of Hostile Hospital, because I was very, very interested in the Baudelaire parents' little club, but frankly bored and annoyed by the Baudelaires themselves. However, given that the final book in the series has just been released, I thought a thread for it was in order.

Do what you will; but I will hinder it if I may.

-- Eowyn of the Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:12 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I've read all of the books, and I'm happy the last one's finally out! :D I haven't bought it yet, though. I can't wait to read it.

<3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:37 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I just finished the final book yesterday. I'm very impressed with how perceptive Handler is. In The End, he expects a lot of maturity from his audience, which is good because I hate it when children's books coddle their readers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:56 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
The End was a very very weird book. I will say no more about it right now, but I just found the whole book weird, though not bad-weird.

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:20 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I just finished The End.

:cry:

It's amazing how it felt like everything was explained, but how we still know almost nothing about VFD and the sugar bowl and all that.

So pay the price and close your eyes and play the game then I'll make you cry...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:01 pm 

I read all the books in a month
My sister was the one who liked them first them I started reading them because I had nothing else to read and they are really good (exept for the first chapter, that part makes me want to put the book down)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:14 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

...I've only read the first and last one. Why? I guess because I just never got around to reading the rest and I wanted to know how it ended.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:35 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I was really frustrated by the end of "The End" (last book). I like that they didn't have a wonderfully happy ending (After all it IS a series of unfortunate events) but they didn't explain enough to help me tie all the loose ends together.

I've read all the books in the series, and I'm debating getting the "Unautherized Autobiography" of Lemony Snicket to see if it ties together any of loose ends. Has anyone here read it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:37 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I only read the first couple of books and I want to finish the series sooo bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:41 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The Unauthorised Autobiography doesn't really tie up any loose ends, if I recall correctly. I read it before the end of the series was published and it didn't satisfy my curiosity. I would like to check out The Beatrice Letters though.

It was a little bit disappointing to not know much more than when I first started reading the book - it's hard to say whether he deliberately didn't want to satisfy his readers, or if he didn't know how to tie them up after all and copped out this way. I'll have a think about that.

On the other hand, I was okay with the ending. It reflects something of life well enough and I can live with it. It is just not going to be one of those books I will remember many years from now and say, 'That was one of the best books I've ever read.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:48 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I think that he realized that, for certain things, whatever he did would never be as interesting as what we imagined. I'm pretty grateful that he didn't try to tie up all of the loose ends--endings like that aren't my cup of tea.

I haven't read The Beatrice Letters, though, so it might explain a lot more.

ImageImageImage
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. - Samuel Clemens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:04 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: THE HEART OF DARKNESS. *ominous drums* Haha, just kidding, I'm stalking you. :D
I agree, Pudding- I was actually really happy with how The End ended, loose ends and all.

I finally got around to reading it a week or so ago, and man, that book kept me up all night thinking about things. I have yet to read The Beatrice Letters and/or The Unauthorised Biography, but I have read the summaries of both (*smacks self* bad Xandra! Bad!) on Wikipedia, and it seems that The Beatrice Letters, at least, explains quite a bit more, even if, as usual, it creates even more questions.

But now I want to know what was up with Kit Snicket and Count Olaf.

can't find the sig from this set, so instead, you get a <3 .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:12 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

schlough wrote:

I've read all the books in the series, and I'm debating getting the "Unautherized Autobiography" of Lemony Snicket to see if it ties together any of loose ends. Has anyone here read it?

Yes, I've read it, and I can tell you anything in it. It's not really a book, more like pieces of paper, (letters, diary entries, etc.) put together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:36 am 

I really liked all of the books. :) My favorites were the one about the school (what was that called?) and the slippery slope. They made me laugh but also gave me a lot to think about and try to solve. I think I figured out what happened to the Bauldalires from the Beatrice letters, along with alot about who Beatrice is and which Beatrice is which.... :)

I used to have a really cool siggy, but people started ignoring my messages and only commenting my signature so I took it away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:51 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: THE HEART OF DARKNESS. *ominous drums* Haha, just kidding, I'm stalking you. :D
Kittygirl123 wrote:
I really liked all of the books. :) My favorites were the one about the school (what was that called?) and the slippery slope.

School one is The Austere Academy, I believe.

can't find the sig from this set, so instead, you get a <3 .

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]