SHHH!!! Can you read? Want to prove it? Meet fellow book worms and discuss the literary brilliance of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
Topic locked

Re: Books That Made You Cry (Split #1)

Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:34 pm

The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan. I loved the stories of the women. The ending was especially sad, but wonderful!

Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:03 pm

A Game of Thrones. Just read it. Barely slept last night, might I add.

Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:50 am

No book (or movie for that matter) has literally made me cry, but off the top of my head Chinese Cinderella was really sad :(

Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:24 am

The Road by Cormac Mccarthy really made me cry alot.

Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:07 am

Watrership down, Half-blood prince, and Pride of baghdad (yes, a comic book) had me teary-eyed at their endings.
Judging by previous posts, who didn't cry while reading Watership Down and the Half -Blood Prince?
I had no clue how pride of baghdad ended, and even though it was kinda obvious throughout the book, I still had hope for the sad little pride.

Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:34 am

CommanderSwiss wrote:Judging by previous posts, who didn't cry while reading Watership Down and the Half -Blood Prince?

*raises hand*
Never cried for HBP. Haven't read Watership Down, though.

Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:23 pm

I cried when I read Order of the Pheonix the first time and when I read HBP i get tearie.

Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:51 am

Moongewl wrote:
CommanderSwiss wrote:Judging by previous posts, who didn't cry while reading Watership Down and the Half -Blood Prince?

*raises hand*
Never cried for HBP. Haven't read Watership Down, though.

Shoot me down, eh?
The only reason I picked up watership down was to get those silly reading points for class, it turned out to be an unexpectedly good book.

Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:16 pm

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows

Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:31 am

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows.

I've never been a crazy obsessed fan who goes to the midnight release parties or tries to read the books as fast as possible. I started yesterday because my sister read it first and am only on page 200 now (I did other things yesterday and today, I didn't spend 2 days reading only 200 pages!). I guess I just don't want it to end.

Edit: I cried because of how bad the epilogue was. :P
Last edited by Hil on Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:29 pm

Sobbed like a baby during Deathly Hallows. *jumps on the bandwagon*

Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:24 pm

Deathly Hallows had me in tears all over the place. The good, the bad, the unexpected, the expected -- all of it brought every emotion in me to the forefront. Simply, it was system-overload. :)

I'm gonna read it again.

Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:36 pm

The first one that pops to mind is Beach Music by Pat Conroy. Such a great book!

Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:36 pm

Matrinka wrote:Deathly Hallows had me in tears all over the place. The good, the bad, the unexpected, the expected -- all of it brought every emotion in me to the forefront. Simply, it was system-overload. :)

I'm gonna read it again.

Heheh...same here. I need to read it a little slower and absorb it more this time, instead of diving in too fast. :)

Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:35 am

I didn't cry in Deathly Hallows. I BAWLED in Order of the Phoneix. Sirius's death knocked me off my socks.

I laughed so hard I cried in Tower of Ravens by Kate Forsyth. But I'm not sure that actually counts.
Topic locked