Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 8:38 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Anyone read the wheel of time series?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:36 am 

The wheel of time is a series of books i've realy been into at the moment, anyone else read any of them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:28 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
I read all eleven out in January. Will the 12th come out? Will the author die? Find out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:39 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I've read maybe... up to the 9th? I really really enjoyed the first couple, but I got quite tired of them after a while.

They seemed to slow down a lot. In some books, a lot can happen in the space of a chapter, whereas in these, it felt to me like nothing had happened when I was half-way through the book! (and they're decently thick books, too!)

It's a pity, because although I love the characters and ideas/mythology of the books, it feels like it's gotten a bit stuck.

Nyum nyum nyum...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:35 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Location: Well, if the little icon says I'm online, than I'm probably hunched over in front of the 'puter...
I read roughly the first ten starting back in 9th grade for me (fyi- that was '92-'93) and ending in college, and recently reread the first. Loved the series, but as my friends and I often referred to it as the "Waste of Time" series due to it's tedius length and overall feeling that Robert Jordan never actually wants to end this series ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:52 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I laugh every time I think of this series. I remember when the first book was free at Barns and Nobles. Now you can't even GET the book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:29 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

These are the ones by Robert Jordan, right?

I got bored halfway through the second one. If the plot had been moving any slower, it would have been going backwards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:39 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Yeah I'm actually reading the 11th book now :) Its good. Its starting to fall apart becuase I read it so much lol. I hope he doesn't die before the last book comes out, I want to know.

I once was Lost but now am Shadow, was blind but now I see.
Me: JAS SAVE PPT!
Jas: ugh. okay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:49 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Lost wrote:
Yeah I'm actually reading the 11th book now :) Its good. Its starting to fall apart becuase I read it so much lol. I hope he doesn't die before the last book comes out, I want to know.

In a very morbid way, it would be funny if he did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:16 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

mazil wrote:
I've read maybe... up to the 9th? I really really enjoyed the first couple, but I got quite tired of them after a while.

They seemed to slow down a lot. In some books, a lot can happen in the space of a chapter, whereas in these, it felt to me like nothing had happened when I was half-way through the book! (and they're decently thick books, too!)

It's a pity, because although I love the characters and ideas/mythology of the books, it feels like it's gotten a bit stuck.

The series slows down for 8 and 9, but then 10 speeds up and 11 is absolutely amazing. The prologue of 11, Knife of Dreams, sets the pace of the whole novel; many subplots within the series reach a conclusion.

IDB Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:09 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Oh! Thanks for that, GIR. I'm going to run out of books to read soon, so I might try peservering with the WoT books :)

Nyum nyum nyum...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:10 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

The Wheel of time is the best series ever! And I hope this is allowed on this board, but I'm also advertising the WOT guild I'm in on neopets, we have monthly competitions whicih are free to enter, fake items, and more to come. We've just moved so we're rebuilding a lot of the guild and it's still a bit of a mess, but we're all really friendly and helpful, and we all have a passion for WOT.
http://neopets.com/guilds/guild.phtml?id=3023301

So please come and join us! And I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to be posting this, could you redirect me? :D

Neopets name: aprilon8

Post subject: Re: Anyone read the wheel of time series?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:32 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I bought the newest one a few mouths ago, I just haven't bothered to read it becuase I forgot most of what happened in the previous books.

I'm tempted to just look up online summaries rather than re-read 10,000 or so pages.

Looks like I'm back!

Post subject: Re: Anyone read the wheel of time series?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:16 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

The summaries might be a good idea considering over 10,000 pages is a LOT. I've re-read a couple of the books but I've stopped to hurry and re-read the 5th Harry Potter.

I once was Lost but now am Shadow, was blind but now I see.
Me: JAS SAVE PPT!
Jas: ugh. okay

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]