Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 11:02 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Personal Libraries
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:16 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

How many books do you guys have in your personal libraries? Why did you pick the books you have in there? Was it just because you wanted to read them, or were they so awesome you wanted to be able to read them over and over again. What is your favourite or most read book out of all of the ones you OWN?

I have 99 books including my dictionary. Wow.. and I know what my 100th book will be - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows!!!! Wee! Many of the books I bought have been because my local library didn't have them or couldn't get them. A lot of my books were also gifts, or from yard sales/librarby sales, and looked interesting. Out of all the books I own, Watership Down is my favourite, and I have it because I wanted to read it over and over again.

~~ Set by YesItIsh <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:05 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I'm not sure how many books I have (mainly because I've never counted and I can't right now since I'm about 250 miles away from my bookcase), but most of my books are series. Animorphs, Chronicles of Narnia, Everworld, Harry Potter, etc... The list goes on. I'm not sure which one is my most read (I think I've read most of them only once), but I am considering re-reading the Animorphs series (I loved this series to death when I was younger, and I have every book in it).

There's also a few books from my English classes that I never read or finished reading because I would procrastinate, and I want to read them fully this time (it also helps that I'm reading them for fun and not because I have to).

Speculation Central - Thinking about the future... Today!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:24 am 
PPT God
PPT God

http://www.librarything.com/catalog/cassiquack

That says 158, but I do have some books that aren't in there for various reasons. I usually buy books just because I want to read them, but sometimes I buy books that I've gotten from the library and really enjoyed, and want to be able to read whenever I want. As for favourite/most read, I'm really not sure. I reread books quite frequently, but it completely depends on my mood which ones I decide to go for...I don't think there's really anything that I consistently reread.

Ali is love.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:37 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
Mm, probably a hundred or so. I've been trying to pare down, but they opened a half-price bookstore nearby and I'm finding it hard to stop buying books when they're so cheap.

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:55 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Wow, definitely several hundred, if not actually a thousand. I actually have boxes of books sitting over my fiance's apartment because they wouldn't all fit in my room. And I have boxes up the attic.
My fiance and I are in the process of getting a house, so once we're moved in I'm hoping to build shelves to house them all!

my first original set!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:05 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Couldn't even begin to guess, many of my books have been relegated to the attic so theres only the ones that would fit on my tiny book case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:15 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

A couple hundred... i've got nothing on my dad. He's got a sci fi/fantasy library that would put most diehard collectors to shame. And he's probably got the most impressive warships book collection privately owned in Western Canada. My dads so cool. Hah! Most of my books are from my childhood, or they have to deal with art/horses/other animals. Unfortunately i've cut back on buying them since i've been at school.

Evisceration is a sign of respect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:35 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Huge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:54 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

That was a beautiful description.

~~ Set by YesItIsh <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:13 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Probably a couple of hundred at most.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:33 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Mine isn't too big because I've got a bit of a money issue but I've got maybe 50 or so that I have bought since around 13. I've got at least 50 childhood books though so..

I once was Lost but now am Shadow, was blind but now I see.
Me: JAS SAVE PPT!
Jas: ugh. okay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:53 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Probably a couple hundred.

If you include library books I've read, 500+.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:09 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Not too many. I haven't got enough money to buy lots of books, so I've got ones I know I'll read a lot, ones I was given, one or two I randomly got while at the bookstore, and more recently, ones I've really wanted to read that the library didn't have.

hmm... let's see... my bookshelf currently contains...
3 math textbooks
The Complete French for Cats
The Princess Diaries
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
Born Confused
Heralds of Valdemar trilogy by Mercedes Lackey
The Last Herald Mage trilogy by Mercedes Lackey
a couple journals
last year's yearbook
the script from a play I was in a couple years ago
And my Tamora Pierce collection :P Everything but the circle of magic books and circle opens books. and Terrier, but I'll be getting that when it comes out in paperback. Well, Alanna books and Daine books are currently missing because my brother's got them with him at college, but they're normally there :P

I've got a few other books from ages ago that aren't on my shelf, but not too many. I mostly just get things at the library.

<3 Laq

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:10 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Personal libraries, eh? Mine consists of seven books:

Crime & Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky.
Life of Pi by Yann Matel.
Zen & The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert M. Pirsig.
Lila by Robert M. Pirsig.
The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe by C. S. Lewis.
JPod by Douglas Coupland.
Love Over Scotland by Alexander McCall Smith.

I <3 them all muchly.

kudos sasha+gregory // PPT's Unofficial President

Last edited by Paul on Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:53 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I'm not really sure... Most of the books anyone buys kind of goes into the family shelf. I've got some stuff that is definately mine though, mostly series books... Harry Potter, a bunch of Forgotten Realms stuff, Enchanted Forest Series (that my brother loves, so they stay in the family shelf), a bunch of goosebumps books from when I was younger (though still good for a quick read, also on the family shelf), umm... some other stuff by the author of the Enchated Forest books though I can't remember titles... I usually buy books because I want to read them. I like to buy because I can read them over and over again, but I love the library too. There are some books I'd like to find in a store and buy because they were really good...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next