Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Harry Potter (split again..)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:26 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I'm kcharles on MNI and I'm Hermione Slytherin.

Set by the amazing Kitten Medli.
Wanna see some of my writing? Click here!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:40 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
Unitylejean wrote:
In some other book we learned that the Ministry can't really check WHO is performing magic, only where it is performed. That's why Harry got blamed for the stuff Dobby did in CoS. So why do Harry & co initially think that Voldemort can spot them because Harry still has the Trace on him? I mean... if I understand correctly then in order to find them via the Trace Voldy should send a pack of Death Eaters to EVERY muggle location where a spell suddenly pops up. And I don't think even he has that many free people around :P

Well, I think the Trace is put on students of magic only, at the time when their magical education would begin. It's probably got a limited range(like within a fifty-foot radius with the underaged wizard), and when magic is used within said area, some alarm back at the Ministry of Magic goes off. Voldemort's already controlling the Ministry by this point, so he can set people to watch those alarms.
I also believe that after the Trace is taken off, there's either an "auto-registration" practice that registers you with the Ministry as a wizard of age, or a natural defense mechanism that hides your magical workings which springs into action, so that you can do spells wherever you want without accidentally pinging some poor student's Trace alarm.

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:00 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Unitylejean wrote:
So how on earth does this thing actually work?
In some other book we learned that the Ministry can't really check WHO is performing magic, only where it is performed. That's why Harry got blamed for the stuff Dobby did in CoS. So why do Harry & co initially think that Voldemort can spot them because Harry still has the Trace on him? I mean... if I understand correctly then in order to find them via the Trace Voldy should send a pack of Death Eaters to EVERY muggle location where a spell suddenly pops up. And I don't think even he has that many free people around :P

I think it's more likely that they think Voldemort will have found a way to put the Trace on a specific person. Or maybe they just didn't think this through, or maybe Rowling didn't. Or, more likely, the fans are just going too deep on this stuff. Like Trekkies :P

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:07 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Kenjiro wrote:
Unitylejean wrote:
So how on earth does this thing actually work?

I think it's more likely that they think Voldemort will have found a way to put the Trace on a specific person. Or maybe they just didn't think this through, or maybe Rowling didn't. Or, more likely, the fans are just going too deep on this stuff. Like Trekkies :P

Differance being some trekkies are scary good at working it out (My brother, bless him, calculated the variations in warp speed due to Gravitational eddies inter system. And heres me doing nothing with my life :P )

What was my point...
Oh yes, interesting interview with Rowling at mugglenet if no one has mentioned it (I only scanned the thread briefly..)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:14 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I signed up for MNI just so I could do the sorting hat. Apparently I'm a Gryffindor Ginny.

"A lot of people run a race to see who is fastest. I run to see who has the most guts." - Steve Prefontaine

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:59 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I finally finished the book :P

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:08 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Finally finished the book! I liked it, but i still think the ending felt abrupt, despite what JK says wanting a "misty" ending :P

For some reason the scene where Dumbledore appears and told Harry that it worked and you can go back because you died willingly, reminds me of Aslan in The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe :p you know, the part where Aslan the Lion said he came back to life because he was sacrificed without putting up a fight?

The bit about Snape loving Lily wasn't entirely unexpected after all the speculation, but I thought the way it was revealed was very well done, I can just picture it what it would look like on the big screen! The director for the last movie MUST leave those bits in!

Warped Logic:

If truth if knowledge, knowledge is power, and power corrupts, then are the liars in the world really the good guys?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:49 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

wandersong wrote:
Finally finished the book! I liked it, but i still think the ending felt abrupt, despite what JK says wanting a "misty" ending :P

For some reason the scene where Dumbledore appears and told Harry that it worked and you can go back because you died willingly, reminds me of Aslan in The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe :p you know, the part where Aslan the Lion said he came back to life because he was sacrificed without putting up a fight?

Aslan was returned to life because he sacrificed himself in the stead of a Traitor having done no ill himself, and ofcourse because he created Narnia and was a wee bit more powerful than the White Witch.

I was wondering about the next film?
I mean, what Actually happened?
Horcruxes.
The tower death...
Errr.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:47 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well I JUST finished the book and I quite liked it. It was a good ending, but I found the epilogue part a little too cute for me. It was all happy-go-lucky and I don't know, it just made the book a little childish.

However, I am happy with how it ended and I'm still deciding if this or "Half-Blood Prince" is my favourite book.

Set by Medli

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:24 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: THE HEART OF DARKNESS. *ominous drums* Haha, just kidding, I'm stalking you. :D
i feel it's quite a bit too late for me to post up my gigantic review(s) and thoughts on the final book (if you're on my livejournal flist, you know what i'm talking about. god knows how many entries i made. lots. each with many many words.), so i will sum it up:

OMG.

YES.

FANTASTIC.

LOVE.

<3

PERFECTIONalmostnotquitewthwaswiththeslytherins.

SADNESS. and yet i'm incapable of crying at nearly anything, so no sobbing at certain parts, though i certainly felt like doing o.

THEORIES.

NEVER-ENDING THEORIES.

as well as never-ending plot bunnies, i should add. 'tis a shame i no longer write fanfiction, because i've got all these ideas zooming around my head. i should probably find an LJ HP RP to join, when i have more time.

Setekh wrote:
wandersong wrote:

Aslan was returned to life because he sacrificed himself in the stead of a Traitor having done no ill himself, and ofcourse because he created Narnia and was a wee bit more powerful than the White Witch.

Horcruxes.
The tower death...
Errr.

Snogging...

Bonnie Wright must be absolutely thrilled.

can't find the sig from this set, so instead, you get a <3 .

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:59 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I'm reading the next one now - apparition, Harry's a potions genius, Hermione and Ron don't talk for ages, Rufus becomes minister, and that's all I've read up to atm :P

ImageImage

By WisWis :3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:20 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Setekh wrote:
Horcruxes.
The tower death...
Errr.

Well, what Actually happened in book 5?
Uptight creepy lady takes over school. (think 'Matilda')
Ministry raid.
meh..

(haven't seen the movie yet though)

I felt like the sixth book had a lot more going on than the fifth.. At least there was progress, you know, like 'the plot thickens' and stuff. The fifth was more like an ordinary high school novel for the most part

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:12 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071020/ap_ ... LF8CUE1vAI

:D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:26 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Christopher wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071020/ap_en_ot/books_harry_potter_3;_ylt=As204l0i_jT9x6wDR_LF8CUE1vAI

:D

WHAT THE HELL??!!
:roflol: This will make for an interesting discussion on Mugglecast...
But on the other hand, Laura Mallory has one more thing to cluck about. Anyone who lives in Georgia, now's the time to hold on tight to your HP books, before that lady gets to them first.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:28 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

BEST.NEWS.EVER.

Btw, who's Laura Mallory?

It's coming...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next