SHHH!!! Can you read? Want to prove it? Meet fellow book worms and discuss the literary brilliance of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
Topic locked

Re: What are YOU reading today!? Tell us!!!!

Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:18 am

Cirque de Freak

My friend recomended this series to me and gave me the first 3 books. I love them <3 .

Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:00 am

Pretending You Care by Norm Feuti

I'm going through a "Retail is CRAZY" phase right now (6 years strong!). This book is hilarious. If you've ever worked in retail, I suggest you read it. The author worked in retail for 15 years and now pens a comic strip, called Retail, that's in some American newspapers. Great stuff! And if you haven't worked in retail, you'll still love it.

Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:55 am

I finished Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin in less than a day, and now I've started reading her second book, Something Blue.

Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:08 am

I just started The Dreamers: Book One.

I got it off the free shelve at college a few months ago, but just got around to reading it. I'm only a half a chapter in, but it already feels like a quick read.

Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:56 pm

The Realms of the Gods by Tamora Pierce. I'm nearly done with it, but I'll read it again.

Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:18 pm

Alice in Wonderland.

I always go back to the classics at some point :D

Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:23 am

I'm in the middle of Deltora Quest, at the moment. Toward the end of The City of Rats. The book's a deluxe hardcover compilation thinger of the whole first series.

Before that, I read Cornelia Funke's The Thief Lord. Before the The Thief Lord, it was a nice storybook-like hardcover of The Rime of the Ancient Mariner. Garth Nix's The Seventh Tower series was before that. Before those was The Storm Thief, which I absolutely adore and must re-read soon.

Yet to read, I have Inkheart and Inkspell, Larklight, The Pinhoe Egg, and a storybook-like hardcover of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Alice through the Looking Glass.

All of these books (and more :oops: ) I bought since September.
Last edited by Dyl on Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:32 am

Another Emily Giffin book, Baby Proof.

Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:43 pm

Stone of Tears, by Terry Goodkind. The second book in the Sword of Truth series. I started the series about a year or so ago, but lack of time forced me to stop halfway Stone of Tears, so I started again a while ago with Wizard's First Rule (the first one). I'm hoping to at least get to the the end of Blood of the Fold, the third one in the series, this time. It's also the last one I have, so I'll have to see if I get Temple of the Winds, Soul of the Fire, and Faith of the Fallen afterward.

Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:09 pm

*looks in lap*the great and terrible quest by margaret lovett. its pretty good so far.

Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:19 pm

Just finished reading Darkwing from the Silverwing series by Kenneth Oppel. I rather liked the fact I could feel with the antagonist.

Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:08 am

Pardona wrote:Stone of Tears, by Terry Goodkind.

Excellent choice, I'm quite a fan of the Sword of Truth series - only gotten about half way through the series due to, uh, lack of funds (if only there was some sort of way to borrow books for free? :P), but it makes waiting for the last part of the Wheel of Time a bit more fun, eh?

At the minute, I'm reading a few things, The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins; The Language of the Genes by Steve Jones - a comprehensive, layman's introduction to the history of genetics, well recommended; and I've got a couple of textbooks I want to pursue (namely Janeway's Immunobiology and The Fifth Kingdom, on immunology and mycology respectively).

I'd recommend The Eldarn Sequence to anyone who is a fan of fantasy... It's portal fantasy, but has more elements of epic fantasy than sword-and-sorcery, it runs very well. Well written. It's a trilogy, starts with The Hickory Staff, by Robert Scott and Jay Gordan. It contains a lot of mature themes, though, so perhaps not something to buy your nan for Christmas. ;)

Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:47 pm

Himmelsdemon wrote:Just finished reading Darkwing from the Silverwing series by Kenneth Oppel. I rather liked the fact I could feel with the antagonist.

The one with the bats, right? I don't remember the story exactly, but I remember liking the series. :)

My choice of book right now is Wyrms, by Orson Scott Card. Just finished the newest Artemis Fowl book too, since my friend had it. It was, eh, somewhat of a letdown. D:

Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:44 pm

It's the Silverwing series (Silverwing, Sunwing, and Firewing). Darkwing's a pre(historic)quel. I loved Carassiel. I liked Dusk and all, but I was cheering for Carnassiel the whole time. Personally, I hope it gets turned into another trilogy and includes the battle fo the birds and the beasts and more on Nocturna.

As for me, I'm on book 7 of Deltora Quest now, The Valley of the Lost.

Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:00 pm

I hate the Silverwing series with a passion.

I'm re-reading the Twilight series, because I FINALLY GOT TO READ BREAKING DAWN!!!!!
Topic locked