SHHH!!! Can you read? Want to prove it? Meet fellow book worms and discuss the literary brilliance of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
Topic locked

Re: What are YOU reading today!? Tell us!!!!

Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:04 pm

I just finished Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire last night and next I'll be starting The Husband by Dean Koontz.

Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:57 am

Christine by Stephen King

Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:08 am

I'm just finishing up Brisingr. It has been very good so far!

Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:14 pm

Working on The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke.
LIGHT MADE ME DO IT. *point*

Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:58 pm

Thief Lord was a really good book. The movie they made out of it was horrible though! I'm hoping they do much better with the Inkheart movie. I'm a pretty big fan of Funke's stuff.

Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:11 pm

I'm reading a book called 1984. The freaky thing is it's happening all around us. *points to Obama and the other liberals*

Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:48 pm

bigbyrdbrain wrote:I'm reading a book called 1984. The freaky thing is it's happening all around us. *points to Obama and the other liberals*

I've read that. Its one of George Orwell's best. What did you think of the film?
Make sure you read Animal Farm. That one is even better.

I'm currently reading the first volume of Bleach manga.
Last edited by Evil Stu Man on Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:45 am

The Redemption of Sarah Cain by Beverly Lewis

It's pretty good so far.

Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:25 pm

bigbyrdbrain wrote:I'm reading a book called 1984. The freaky thing is it's happening all around us. *points to Obama and the other liberals*

Lolz.

Ahhhh.
Okay, no further comment from the guy who spent six months analysing every word of the stupid book for his A levels.
Animal farm is even worse, frankly.

That said, they are an interesting political and social commentary, but good lord, comments like that give me a warm giggly feeling.
If you must argue my point, just PM.

Just finished Thief Of Time, and I'm going back to The Hogfather now.
Then whichever book I pick up to read at night, may or may not be Frostburn (D&D3.5 sourcebook) or Reaper Man.

Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:36 am

Me Talk Pretty One Day is sitting in my bag right now.

Asthaloth wrote:Okay, no further comment from the guy who spent six months analysing every word of the stupid book for his A levels.
Animal farm is even worse, frankly.

It was so fun to watch the film version of Animal Farm. If you're not paying very much attention to what's being said, you can convince yourself you're watching some terrible mishmash of Babe and Homeward Bound.

Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:44 am

The Great Gatsby

I really don't know what to say; I only just started.

Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:52 pm

<3 I love The Great Gatsby! It's one of my favorite books. Definitely see the movie after you read it!

I've just started The Tower of Ravens by Kate Forsyth on a recommendation from a very dear friend :)

Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:12 am

I've finished Bookweird, then Larklight (which was written wonderfully), and am in the middle of Pirate's Passage (which sucks me into the story like no other book I've read).

Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:02 pm

Finished Thief Of Time, The Hogfather, Soul Music and ReaperMan, onto Mort.

I appear to have re read the Death series in Reverse Order, actually.

Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:25 pm

Asthaloth wrote:Finished Thief Of Time, The Hogfather, Soul Music and ReaperMan, onto Mort.

I appear to have re read the Death series in Reverse Order, actually.

I just read Nation by Terry Pratchett. It was a very good book. In some ways it was so different compared to any of his other works it was like it was written by a different though similar author.
Topic locked