SHHH!!! Can you read? Want to prove it? Meet fellow book worms and discuss the literary brilliance of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
Topic locked

Re: What are YOU reading today!? Tell us!!!!

Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:10 am

I haven't read a good book in forever, any suggestions?

Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:31 am

Nessa wrote:I haven't read a good book in forever, any suggestions?

Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk

I'm currently in the process of beginning Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer, I say in the process because I want to begin when I have free time after my midterms, but they were pushed back due to today's snow day =P

Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:16 pm

^ Oh I want to read Fight Club, I'm currently reading a science book I don't understand. But I won't give up on it in case I learn something, jya ha ha!

Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:26 pm

I read Fight Club, recently, it was, uh, pretty good. Draws you in readily, which is good.

THE ENDING THOUGH, was like, huh-whut? He just shot himself and the book just ends there whuh.

Randomly picked up a book from the op-shop when I was in Australia, The Name of the Wind, by Patrick Rothfuss. Fantasy-type story, the first in the Kingkiller Chronicles. Unfortunately, I only found out about that last fact when I finished the book and the story hadn't concluded - worse is, the next book doesn't come out until April, and the third until next year. I can't wait that long!

Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:00 pm

Woman in Black by Susan Hill

I cant seem to sleep it's that good :D

Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:36 pm

I just read a book called Fifth Business by Robertson Davies. It was really good! Its the fictional memoir of a man who was born in a small Canadian town in the early 1900s and he has a fantastical and interesting life. Anyways, I recommend it.

Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:48 pm

Wind on Fire Trilogy III: Firesong by William Nicholson.
AGAIN. I've read this way too many times.

werepup wrote:A Midsummer Nights Dream... well really I'm re-learning some of the speeches.

Woo, I'm doing that in school at the moment. Whose/which speeches are you doing? :)

Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:54 pm

I just finished Vampire Mountain by Darren Shan.

Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:46 am

Helena wrote:Wind on Fire Trilogy III: Firesong by William Nicholson.
AGAIN. I've read this way too many times.

werepup wrote:A Midsummer Nights Dream... well really I'm re-learning some of the speeches.

Woo, I'm doing that in school at the moment. Whose/which speeches are you doing? :)

Learn the Helena speeches! She's the best :D She could SO kick Hermia's smurf. And Titania. Maybe Puck! Helena for the win!

Anyway, I'm half-reading (or attempting to read) The Color Purple by Alice Walker. It takes forever, I have to keep re-reading it all so that it makes sense.

Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:48 pm

The Alchemyst by Michael Scott
Also,
Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:15 am

the Dune Encyclopedia. I fund it in a second hand bookstore. It's interesting to see how it compares considering all the new books written post 1984

Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:20 am

Is Dune good? Lots of people keep telling me to read it so I suppose it must be...

Science fiction futuristic wars haven't really interested me in the past however. Maybe I just haven't read a good one yet.

I'm currently reading "The Smiliarion" and "The Hobbit" after a friend of mine from Chile highly recommended it to me.

Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:12 am

My mom/dad/sister read the Dune series, they liked it but they seemed to get bored with it.

Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:31 am

Apparently the Northern Lights series are a really good read. They made a movie of it called 'The Golden Compass' which doesn't even compare to the book I've heard.

I might get to that next but there is a whole pile of books in my room which I haven't even started. (Everyone keeps giving me books to read as presents.)

Hmmm... I've also been watching to read 'The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe' series as well.

Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:45 am

Just went through Sun Tzu's "The Art of War" and Tamora Pierce's "Melting Stones". Melting Stones is a pretty nice read, it's the first time that Tamora Pierce narrates in the first person. Unfortunately there's a gaping hole of background information that she still hasn't addressed about the war predating the book, but that's to come in a later extension of the series.
Topic locked