SHHH!!! Can you read? Want to prove it? Meet fellow book worms and discuss the literary brilliance of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
Topic locked

Re: What are YOU reading today!? Tell us!!!!

Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:16 pm

nearly finished this book called slave girl by Jackie French i love it so far and i normally hate books like that one

Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:23 pm

So, I just recently found out the perks of having an English teacher as your friend, you can take out the awesome school books that aren't in your curriculum through them. After a few minutes of reading all the titles in the English office I settled on Big Fish by Daniel Wallace for now. It's a pretty quick book so I expect to be done soon. So far I don't like the style it's written in, also a lot of the things that were "big" in the movie (like the circus) are quick little blurbs in the book. Meh.

Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:12 am

Do you mean they're a good resource for finding out the names of great books to read?

Because I have just been asking my friends their favorite books and then going off to the shops to get a copy of the books.

Reminds me... I need to have a book birthday party where instead of presents, everyone gets me a copy of their favorite book with notes inside the cover of why its their favorite book.

Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:41 pm

Catch-22

It's utterly epic and epicly...utter? Well, let's just say I really like it.

Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:23 pm

I been reading the back of bottles today :oops:

Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:43 am

It's Only a Bruise... an NFL book. Sounds boring... but it's realllly interesting.

Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:41 pm

In black and white by Catherine R Johnson
also reading Skellig

Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:34 pm

Currently reading Pure by Rebecca St James and Zero-G by um.. Alton Gansky. Pure is just like a 90 day devotional, and Zero-G is a fiction novel about OUTA SPACE!111111111

Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:48 pm

As odd as it sounds, I've been reading our councils local recycling plan... they've just upped the recycling to an amazing degree... almost everything's getting recycled, so it's all good... although I need to figure out which bin gets what put in it.

Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:34 pm

Shadow of the minotaur by Alan Gibbons

Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:54 pm

Bloodhound, by Tamora Pierce.

Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:09 pm

Amazing Grace by Danielle Steel. Pretty good so far, I didn't expect to enjoy her books.

Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:20 pm

Gideon the cutpurse by Linda Buckley-Archer (I happen to be reading it at this very moment I cant put it down)

Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:15 pm

The script to the movie I'm acting in.

Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:44 pm

the black horse by marcus sedgwick
Topic locked