Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 8:19 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:48 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I wonder when the actula book will be out.

(yes alex, I was perfectly aware of that)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:52 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: THE HEART OF DARKNESS. *ominous drums* Haha, just kidding, I'm stalking you. :D
Twitchy wrote:

No one knows when it'll be published. ^_^

(Alright. Just wondering.)

ETA: New GoF film news!

MuggleNet wrote:
Of course, with all the action, adventure, wizardry, and wonder of the Goblet tale - rumors have begun circulating that this film will run a whopping four hours long, with an intermission. This is great news for Harry fans, who naturally don't want the majestic story to be butchered to fit into a two hour time slot. "We're going to be true to the book," says Newell. "We want fans of the book to be thrilled with this movie. We aren't cutting any corners - this is a story that's going to be told."

*Cheers*

can't find the sig from this set, so instead, you get a <3 .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:32 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I want to know what J.K. rowling meant when she said "Aunt petunia is not a squib but...." ....anyone have any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:37 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

...Alex wrote:
Twitchy wrote:

MuggleNet wrote:
Of course, with all the action, adventure, wizardry, and wonder of the Goblet tale - rumors have begun circulating that this film will run a whopping four hours long, with an intermission. This is great news for Harry fans, who naturally don't want the majestic story to be butchered to fit into a two hour time slot. "We're going to be true to the book," says Newell. "We want fans of the book to be thrilled with this movie. We aren't cutting any corners - this is a story that's going to be told."

*Cheers*

Yup, I saw that on Mugglenet and I've VERY happy. I think Mike Newell will do an excellent job, and from the way he's talking, it seems like he will really be faithful to the books and not cut anything important out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:32 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: THE HEART OF DARKNESS. *ominous drums* Haha, just kidding, I'm stalking you. :D
Twitchy wrote:
I want to know what J.K. rowling meant when she said "Aunt petunia is not a squib but...." ....anyone have any ideas?

Me on page seven wrote:
Alright. Petunia's not a Squib, is a Muggle, but... What?

As for the text I bolded... Well. She isn't a squib, though that's a good guess. Hmm. Are her parents squibs? Did she get the Hogwarts letter, but flat-out refused to go (unlikely, as we've seen, in SS/PS, what will happen to you if you ignore the letter(s))? Is she going to get magical powers late in life (I think not).

Well, why is she so bitter about Lily having been a powerful witch? Jealousy? After all, Lily was pretty, near-perfect, had a handsome boyfriend (and later, a husband), had great friends, was intelligent, and, on top of all that, was a witch, with magical powers. So... was/is Petunia simply green with envy? Well... Perhaps, but I don't think she'd have held a grudge <i>that</i> long.

But then again... Why are two sisters so different? Not just in personalities and lives, but in looks? Aunt Petunia has mousy brown hair. Lily? Flaming red curls (I think her hair was curly...). Petunia? Ugly. Lily? Beauty.

A bit odd, don't you think? Perhaps one of them was adopted? I don't really support this theory, but after all, it does fill in quite a few holes.

^_^

Since posting that, I've done some more thinking... Petunia's not a squib, but... What if her parents, Lily's parents, were? After all, they <i>were</i> very proud of Lily's being a witch. If you weren't hadn't lived up to your heritage, wouldn't you be bursting with pride if one of your children did?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:30 am 
PPT God
PPT God

ooo, I never thought of that........

I still can't find 'clues' in the second book though.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:48 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I read a interview with Jk Rowling recently (was in my newspaper back in Edmonton) and she said that the two questions people should be asking are "Why hasn't Dumbledore killed Voldemort" and "Why is Harry still alive".
And she PROFUSELY refused to explain herself.
That ladies confounding (and pregnant again!)

Evisceration is a sign of respect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:07 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

ahoteinrun wrote:
I read a interview with Jk Rowling recently (was in my newspaper back in Edmonton) and she said that the two questions people should be asking are "Why hasn't Dumbledore killed Voldemort" and "Why is Harry still alive".

I think Dumbledore and Voldemort are related. They MUST be. It just seems right.

And, Harry could be a prince....or...not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:08 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: BrokenSea Audio Drama Productions. Thanks Bangel for the set!
Brian wrote:
ahoteinrun wrote:

I think Dumbledore and Voldemort are related. They MUST be. It just seems right.

Mabye, I doubt it though. And he ISN'T the HBP, if he IS a prince its some other prince....Which I doubt.

PPT'S OFFICAL VOICE ACTRESS! (click image for link)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:13 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Quote:
Mabye, I doubt it though. And he ISN'T the HBP, if he IS a prince its some other prince....Which I doubt.

There is no proof that he is or that he isn't Robin.
The fact remains that Rowling likes to daze and confuse the readers. You don't know for sure, nobody does (except for her). Chances are he isn't because of the way the book titles written, but how do we know that the books title isn't about Harry himself?
It could just be saying "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince", and in some weird and twisted fashion truthfully be about Harry being a half blood prince.

Anywho now that i've royally mucked that up i'm gonna go type somewhere else!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:00 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

ahoteinrun wrote:
Quote:

There is no proof that he is or that he isn't Robin.

Er...It was on JKR's webby when she released the title.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:17 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Quote:
Er...It was on JKR's webby when she released the title.

Well that shut me up now didn't it. *grins*

*sulks off in shame*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:33 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Brian wrote:

I doubt it. Dumbledore and Voldemort... Well, that'd be a bit weird. And more than a bit Star Wars-esque.

Personally, I think APWBD didn't kill the Dark Lord because he knows something. Probably that Harry's the only one who can kill him [Voldemort]. Or that <i>and</i> that Albus would die if he tried to kill Voldemort, no matter how experienced and wise he is, and that it's too early for him to die (Dumbledore has to die in the books- I predict he'll be knocked off in HBP- he's Harry's mentor, and Harry needs to be able to fend for himself, to be able to learn all these new things without Dumbledore watching over his shoulder. The books aren't happy. They're dark, and they're depressing, and Harry has to be an utter wreck by the seventh novel, or he'll never be able to get up out of his personal pit of misery and rise to become the hero we all know he is/will be), as he still has more to teach Harry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:49 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

...Alex wrote:
Twitchy wrote:

MuggleNet wrote:

*Cheers*

*gasp* 4 hours?! I am -definatly- waiting until it comes out on DVD before watching it. I'd get a sore butt :(

that's me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:35 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

...Alex wrote:
Brian wrote:

I doubt it. Dumbledore and Voldemort... Well, that'd be a bit weird. And more than a bit Star Wars-esque.

Personally, I think APWBD didn't kill the Dark Lord because he knows something. Probably that Harry's the only one who can kill him [Voldemort]. Or that <i>and</i> that Albus would die if he tried to kill Voldemort, no matter how experienced and wise he is, and that it's too early for him to die (Dumbledore has to die in the books- I predict he'll be knocked off in HBP- he's Harry's mentor, and Harry needs to be able to fend for himself, to be able to learn all these new things without Dumbledore watching over his shoulder. The books aren't happy. They're dark, and they're depressing, and Harry has to be an utter wreck by the seventh novel, or he'll never be able to get up out of his personal pit of misery and rise to become the hero we all know he is/will be), as he still has more to teach Harry.

I have to agree with that.

Dumbledore may not die in HBP, it could be in the seventh book...But I think sirius is going to come back...

In the Fifth book after he died, when Harry tried to contact him with the mirror he said 'Sirius', and 'Sirius Black', but he didn't say 'Padfoot', and a ccording to the book, Sirius and James used to use them to contact each other, and they had given each other nicknames according to the type of animal the could transform into.

The way he can come back:
1.Someone could perform an illegal spell to bring him back...

or

2.Somehow, he manages to escape.
Anything is possible in the Harry potter books.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next