SHHH!!! Can you read? Want to prove it? Meet fellow book worms and discuss the literary brilliance of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
Topic locked

Re: Twilight Saga

Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:29 am

Alex wrote:Also, if you haven't read Cleolinda's recaps, DO IT NOW.

Oh man. That brought on all sorts of crippling lulz!
I never thought it possible, but Cleolinda's Breaking Dawn recap made BD even more ridiculous that it already is. <3

Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:48 pm

I'll have to read those recaps later tonight, has anyone seen the new trailor, makes me want to watch the movie now as opposed to would like to go see it.

I'd love to see one more book in this series that focus on Jacob or Renesmee

I think her writting style keeps impoving with each book so that one would probably be very very good

Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:02 pm

I loved the last book. It was great! I'll get along to reading Midnight Sun soon.

I thought the whole Renesmee thing was stupid and predictible at the beginning though. Jacob imprinting on her was like "OMG wut? That was so stupidly strange."

Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:12 pm

Katherine wrote:I loved the last book. It was great! I'll get along to reading Midnight Sun soon.

I thought the whole Renesmee thing was stupid and predictible at the beginning though. Jacob imprinting on her was like "OMG wut? That was so stupidly strange."

Haha, yeah. That whole part of the book makes me laugh :lol: . Although,
Jacob's imprinting on the demon spawn made sense. I just wish that his ability to makes his own choices wasn't taken away. Ugh.

Midnight Sun is wicked, by the way.

Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:27 am

I kinda like the idea of imprinting myself, but then again I'm a huge Drangon Riders of Pern fan, which has a form of imprinting.

i think it's nice that you wait untill just the right one comes along and "BAM" your together forever lol <3

Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:23 pm

I've never read them and I really don't plan to. My lil sis is a fan though. But I know the plot and doesn't seem to be something I'd like.

But it's something I can't totally detach myself from seeing as my family name actually IS Cullen. For reals. I'm a little old to be surrounded by twilight fans (my younger sister is a different story). But I've come across the most random people who go all *squee* at the sound of my name. The lady I bought our wedding bands from was positively giddy and wanted to know if I had a brother or cousin named Edward (I don't).

Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:40 pm

Cyanna, I can't figure out whether that wedding band lady is hilarious or pathetic, or both. XD
I actually have a friend whose name is Isabelle Cullkin, though we all call her Izzie. That is WAY TOO SIMILAR to Isabella Cullen for people not to bother her about it. :P

Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:19 am

My mom started reading these books, and she LOVES them.

I don't think I'll be telling her about my obsession with Jacob Black, and my nicknaming my crush after him though...

Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:41 pm

Katherine wrote:My mom started reading these books, and she LOVES them.

I don't think I'll be telling her about my obsession with Jacob Black, and my nicknaming my crush after him though...

You... nicknamed your crush Jacob? o_o
Also, I thought you were a vampfan. o_o
Also, why is this in a spoiler tag, anyway? :P

Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:50 am

Yes, me and my friend nicknamed all our friends after Twilight people. French class is really boring.

Yea, I'm sorta both, but the guy is more of a Jacob so I'm going with that for him.

And spoiler tags are awesome!

Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:46 am

lol do you guys know that I have bought these series twice and will most likely buy it a third time!!!

I didn't' really mean to, I bought the second book even though I had already ordered it from Amazon, because I wanted something to read on the four hour trip back to home from Amish Country, (My mom already had Twilight at the cabin so I just read her copy [again, even though i had them on order] on the trip to Amish Country)

Then the twins up the holler (yes I live in a holler) wanted to borrow them, they are 13 and was destructive as all get out on my poor books (which makes me sad) so I went out and bought them their own copy of the first and second book.

Now I'm getting the Kindle for Christmas, and figured I might as well give them my copies and if i want to read them again i'll buy it on Kindle...I find this sad and pathetic...but something I know I will do lol

just thought I'd share!

Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:31 pm

I consider them to be a poop stain on the underpants of literature.

Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:36 pm

I've read far worse, but I won't willingly admit to having kinda liked them.

As long as I ignore certain parts, obviously, they came a bit too close to my berserk button.

Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:43 am

I got the series for christmas. I would love to look a lot more in depth into them but I've been so busy wtih school. I loved the books though, they were an excellent read and I recommend them. My question is: Would anyone give up their whole way of life for their first love..?

If i were still involved with my first love, i probably would. I think that says a lot about a person's first experience with love that is not inherent (like family). what do you guys think?
Topic locked