SHHH!!! Can you read? Want to prove it? Meet fellow book worms and discuss the literary brilliance of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
Topic locked

Re: What are YOU reading today!? (Split Like Pea Soup)

Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:02 pm

Fatherland by Robert Harris

Very interesting and thrilling concepts and stories. I mean Adolf Hilter turning 75?!? I think that's crazy enough!

Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:10 pm

Just finished The Vampire Diaries....whole series and they were awesome

and I'm about to start Hour Glass

Mon May 10, 2010 3:47 pm

I just reread the Vampire Diaries... can't believe all of LJ Smith's books are all coming out again - I used to love them. And she's releasing a few new VD books in the next wee while.

I've also just read up to date the House of Night PC and Kristen Cast books... I got introduced to them through PC Cast's books that I read through at the end of the year - Kai bought me the House of Night series for my Christmas... including some signed books.

I've also been reading Fallen by Lauren Kate - I'm interested to see what she does with the series.

Mon May 10, 2010 5:03 pm

I'm reading Watership Down and I'm reading American Gods as part of #1b1t.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:00 am

Well just rereading his dark materials (golden compass) and other randoms

Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:31 am

Man's Search For Meaning - Viktor Frankl (Holocaust survivor).

Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:05 am

A Hat Full of Sky by Terry Pratchett. Read Wee Free Men before that. Friend has me on a reading streak so she has someone to talk to about them. ;)

Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:58 am

Hey, I just bought a Terry Pratchett book. I wish I had time to read it :(

Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:14 pm

A Meeting at Corvallis by S.M. Stirling. It's the third book in a series about how all high-energy technology (gunpowder, electricity, steam engines, internal combustion) suddenly stops working - which, most pressingly, means no more trucking or mechanized farming - and how the survivors deal with it. And it is insanely good. The first book is Dies the Fire, if you want to pick it up.

Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:18 am

Blue wrote:Hey, I just bought a Terry Pratchett book. I wish I had time to read it :(

:lol: I know what you mean. I have a pile of books I still haven't made my way through yet. Where does time go?

Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:58 pm

Anthem by Ayn Rand
(I guess I'm not reading it per se; the story itself was only 80-ish pages so I finished)

Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:30 pm

werepup wrote:I've also just read up to date the House of Night PC and Kristen Cast books...

I'm reading them now

Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:53 pm

Boys Over Flowers Vol. 6...I'm really not that interested in reading anymore. Sure, there is interesting drama and excitement in that case, but it's inconsistent with personality via the main character. She's been harassed and abused on so many levels, and then she has strange feelings about the guy who's been doing all of this to her. Considering what he did the previous volume as well, I really don't see the point of this. It seems like she's deciding to love this guy over story, rather than actual choice and sense. Yes, love is an emotion that defies sense, but again, previous issue. Sometimes things are so rotten there's really no other means than to change one's opinion of another. Would like to think that anyway. :roll:

Don't mind me. Just frustration at fantasy, and things that don't really exist. Nothing to see here...

Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:08 pm

The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing: Traitor to the Nation by M. T. Anderson

A really odd book. I haven't finished it yet, but so far, it's okay. You don't understand the text, but you know the plot. Kinda creepy, really, but what I mean is that you can read it, not understand too much, but you understand the plot. It's hard to explain.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:04 am

"Dog Training Instruction Program workbook" from Petco...
(well, since I'm studying to be a dog trainer I kind of have to...)

But on a more interesting note, "Contact" by Carl Sagan. I loves me some scifi.
Topic locked