Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 9:29 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: read any good books lately?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:57 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: the petpet puddle, searching for pet matches. my gorgeous set is by _jaye_.
i just finished the age of innocence by edith wharton. i thought i hadn't read any wharton before, but it turns out i had, the house of mirth, and had enjoyed it very much.

i love the way she unfolds things: all through the story you're laughing at the follies of society, and then you turn the final page and you're crying.

anybody read anything good? or bad, and want to warn us to stay away? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:01 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I recently finished The Dante Club by Matthew Pearl and Digital Fortress by Dan Brown. The Dante Club was a pretty good historial murder mystery, dealing around murders which are similar to the punishments given to sinners in Dante's Inferno. Digital Fortress is a book Dan Brown did before The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons, I believe, but it was well done and a bit sad at the end.

Time stops for no one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:36 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

*shudder* The Age of Innocence is one my most hated books. I recently finished Prey by Michael Crichton. It was decent.

Don't be afraid to see the truth, even if no one wants you to. Be yourself and not a fool. Don't ever be afraid to speak your mind and listen to criticism. Dissent is keeps our country progressive and willingness to challenge yourself is what keeps yourself ever evolving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:54 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I finished reading a series of books by Orson Scott Card.. The series is called Homecoming
All the books in order are...

The Memory of Earth
The Call of Earth
The Ships of Earth
Earthfall
Earthborn

The books can be frustrating at times b/c of the highly annoying characters... but I think that's what makes them so good. You get so sucked into the story and you get to know the characters just so well you can't help but love/hate them... ya know?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:19 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy series by Douglas Adams. Those are some of the best books ever. If you're not big on science fiction, they might not be quite as great to you.

The books in the series are...

The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy
The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe
Life, The Universe, And Everything
So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish

I signed in to my account at 11:03 pm on Mon Jan 05, 2009. My last visit beforehand was Thu Dec 01, 2005 at 10:26 pm. Um....wow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:26 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
I don't read very often, but the most recent book I read was "Romance of the Three Kingdoms" by Lu Kuan-chung (no its not a romance). You kind of have to be interested in ancient China and war to really get into it though. It's my favorite book, but because I only read in my study hall class, it took me a semester to read the first book of it...

CLICK IT!
Thanks to Laq. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:46 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Elizabeth Gail. It is so totally awesome. Its about a girl who has been through many foster homes and finally found a good one. Elizabeth stays with a Christian family,the Johnsons and desides not all foster families are bad,and that they will never get rid of her so she learns to accept and love them,as well as God..which is cool.

It has over 20 books in the whole series,so I'll be busy for a while. I highly reccomend it to anybody.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:00 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

The Mysterious Affair at Styles. Agatha Christie rocks. I love all her books, and I love Hercule Poirot. He's such a likeable character ^^; Anyways, I finally guessed the murderer correctly. It's a first, and I've read a lot of her books XP

I've also read Lovely Bones. That was in 8th grade, but it was a very good book. I believe it was written by Alice Sebold(sp?). It's about a girl who gets murdered and watches her family and her murderer from a place like heaven. It can get a bit confusing, but I really liked it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:06 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Harry Potter, Animorphs, Artmis Phowl, The Game of Go.
I don't read vary much (In English)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:36 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Kugetsu wrote:
I don't read very often, but the most recent book I read was "Romance of the Three Kingdoms" by Lu Kuan-chung (no its not a romance). You kind of have to be interested in ancient China and war to really get into it though. It's my favorite book, but because I only read in my study hall class, it took me a semester to read the first book of it...

My mother has it in Chinese. I'm pretty sure it's her favourite novel as well.

Don't be afraid to see the truth, even if no one wants you to. Be yourself and not a fool. Don't ever be afraid to speak your mind and listen to criticism. Dissent is keeps our country progressive and willingness to challenge yourself is what keeps yourself ever evolving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:55 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: the petpet puddle, searching for pet matches. my gorgeous set is by _jaye_.
pokemew233 wrote:
The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy series by Douglas Adams. Those are some of the best books ever. If you're not big on science fiction, they might not be quite as great to you.

those are delightful. they also come in one big book, with a bonus story.

i named my petpet after douglas adams. too bad his other books outside of the hitchhikers series are not so good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:36 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

The Good Earth- This book is really good. Once I started reading it I couldn't but it down.

Lovely Set By _jaye_

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:08 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I think the last book I read was Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser. It's a very good book, and I couldn't even put it down- I just kept reading and reading. :)

Long live Ken Jennings!
June 2, 2004 - November 30, 2004

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:17 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Cheese wrote:
I think the last book I read was Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser. It's a very good book, and I couldn't even put it down- I just kept reading and reading. :)

I read that book last year, it's really good. And fun :P

Right now I'm reading all books written by Bill Bryson, they're fun^^

Faith is often the boast of the man who is too lazy to investigate. ~ F.M. Knowles

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:08 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

skizzy the wonder lizard wrote:
pokemew233 wrote:

those are delightful. they also come in one big book, with a bonus story.

i named my petpet after douglas adams. too bad his other books outside of the hitchhikers series are not so good.

Well, there are actually 5 books in the series. It's

The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy
Life, The Universe And Everything
Mostly Harmless

I just recently finished Mostly Harmless and it is a good ending to the HHGTTG series.

ImageImage
Set - Sunnie
Blinkie - Chass
Left.
ALL HAIL XENU!!!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next