Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 6:36 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:35 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Yes:

The Life Of Pi- AWESOME! So much symbolism...it's just amazing.

Watership Down-I loved this too.

Those two are must-reads. I couldn't put them down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:55 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
Crescendo wrote:
Yes:

Yeah, Watership Down was great. :p

CLICK IT!
Thanks to Laq. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:21 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Kugetsu wrote:
Crescendo wrote:
Yes:

Yeah, Watership Down was great. :p

What's funny is that as soon as I finished reading it, a bunch of baby rabbits showed up in their little groves around my house. It was wonderful, because I got to see them run for the first time into the wilderness. :D Unfortunately, they ran right into a foxes' den. I still don't know how they are doing, and I really don't want to know. o_O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:56 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yay a book thread. I was going to make one because I just finished my latest must read books and wasn't sure what to borrow next. So I thank you all for your suggestions.

I just finished reading The Chrysalids. Now I am aware that a lot of teens are forced to read this book in grade 9 English (I wasn't however) and they don't like it. But I loved it! I was talking to this girl who had to read it and she was going on and on about how boring it was, and how you had to believe in god and all this crap, and how it was about murderous children and when I finished it I was left wandering if we actualy read the same book because she clearly didn't get it.
Anyways, my point is that I thought it was a great book.

Let's see, for other books I've read in the past, I really liked the following:
- The Catcher in the Rye
- The Zebra Wall
- Spellfall
- The Little Prince - I stole this one from my dad when I was 7 and still have it. It sits on my night stand because I read it on nights when I cant sleep.
- The City of Ember - has a sort of cliffhanger ending and I havn't read 'The People of Sparks' yet.

Edit: I wanted to ask you guys for your help sorta.
In grade 8 I read this book and I just remember the book recently and it's driving me absolutely insane because I can't remember what the title was. It's actually kinda similar to the city of ember - Which is what made me think of the book. Its about these society thats in a mountain, only they know their city is underground (unlike Ember) and they are functioning perfectly fine and its all technological advanced and all. Then this kid is exploring and finds a crack in the wall which takes him to the outside world and I can't really remember it but they have this very efficient system. And I remember theres moving sidewalks and all sorts of stuff. *Slams head into wall* Oh and I think the guy has some kind of form of telepathy.. i cant really remember that's what drew him outside in the first place. HELP?![/b]

~~ Set by YesItIsh <3

Last edited by .neko. on Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:05 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Eragon and right now I am reading Dragonlance Chronicals I

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:19 pm 

Hmm. The last book I've read (That I liked) was Venus on the Half Shell.

. . .By Kilgore Trout. (He exists, really!) XD

Ug, I've been waiting to go to the Library for a while though. I have a long list of books that look interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:45 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I've heard snippets of this book called, "Can America Survive?" by Ben Stein. I really want to get it since I saw Ben on TV talk about his book and current issues.

Himura the Battousai

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:38 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Well I just finished the Bellmaker, from the Redwall series, I really like this, one one of my more favored of all the ones I've read so far...I really want to read the Ender Series though, hearing that it was so good and all, also I want to try out the Hitchhikers Guide to teh Universe, my crappy library has neither so its of to the B&N.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:28 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Like neko, I adore The City of Ember. I thought that book was amazing.
Inkheart, by Cornelia Funke, is really good. The main character, Meggie, is a lot like me.
I adore The Little White Horse, by Elizabeth Goudge. It is an awesome fantasy book.
I like the Dan Brown books, like The Da Vinci Code, because they contain so much rich history.
And there's a trilogy, by T.A. Barron, but I don't know what it's called. The three books in the trilogy are called The Ancient One, The Merlin Effect, and Heartlight. They are kind of a sci fi/fantasy combination, and are wonderful!
I like Watership Down, and there's another book sort of like it, only about deer. It's called Fire Bringer, and it's really good.
Of course, I love Harry Potter, the Redwall series, and the Madeleine L'Engle books, like A Wrinkle in Time.

I could go on and on, but I'll stop now.

Hi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:43 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Let's see:

The Circle of Magic quartet by Tamora Pierce
Chinese Cinderella by Adeline Yen Mah
Princess Diaries Volume 5: Princess in Pink by Meg Cabot
Fahrenheit 9/11

"The path I've chosen had no effort, unless I took that chance, at the decision I've made, for all I've done and suffered." - Mi-Ku, © Mi-ku All Rights Reserved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:07 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Just finished the Da Vinci Code. End of story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:34 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: the petpet puddle, searching for pet matches. my gorgeous set is by _jaye_.
Stumpy wrote:
Hmm. The last book I've read (That I liked) was Venus on the Half Shell.

. . .By Kilgore Trout. (He exists, really!) XD

you get a high-five! :lol:

i read that too! it's hilarious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:01 am 
PPT God
PPT God

simsman24000 wrote:
Just finished the Da Vinci Code. End of story.

Whoa really? That must have been intresting.

BTW, have anyone read the books When Zachery Beaver Came to Town and Fever 1793? Because I want to buy them because they look really good but I dont want to buy books that are corney so I just want to know if there worth reading.

Lovely Set By _jaye_

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:48 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Ixistant wrote:
skizzy the wonder lizard wrote:
pokemew233 wrote:
The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy series by Douglas Adams. Those are some of the best books ever. If you're not big on science fiction, they might not be quite as great to you.

The books in the series are...

The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy
The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe
Life, The Universe, And Everything
So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish

those are delightful. they also come in one big book, with a bonus story.

i named my petpet after douglas adams. too bad his other books outside of the hitchhikers series are not so good.

Well, there are actually 5 books in the series. It's

The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy
The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe
Life, The Universe And Everything
So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish
Mostly Harmless

I just recently finished Mostly Harmless and it is a good ending to the HHGTTG series.

Yeah, I meant to put Mostly Harmless on the list, but I guess I missed it. :P

And my book that has all 5 of them in it also has the story Young Zaphod Plays It Safe.

I signed in to my account at 11:03 pm on Mon Jan 05, 2009. My last visit beforehand was Thu Dec 01, 2005 at 10:26 pm. Um....wow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 4:47 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

not read a book in a while thinking about it o_O
though the last ones i remember are.

evolution, by stephen baxter: mankinds entire evolution in one book.

phase space by stephen baxter: WHOAH that books trippy 0_o but still, a nice take on the zoo theory.

space by stephen baxter, and time by stephn baxter , and another one i forget? a three part series that are totally unrelated except for about three charecters who are entirely differant in each book.
a big alternate reality thing going on.
oh and saddle point gateways rock.

moonseed, by stephen baxter: the moon isnt as dead as first thought..
basicly, in the alternate reality buzz aldrin nicks some rocks from the moon, whcih contain moonseed, a wierd little rock, that metathorms anything inorganic it comes into contact with, as we go on, the earth is slowly consumed by the moonseed, and begins to...well...get a lil fubared.

Storm of iron, by graham mcneill: hydra cordatus, a seemingly unimportant desolate world with no importance.
so why is there a entire regiment of imperial guard and a demi legion of titans stationed to defend it?
whashisname, daemonic lord of the iron warriors knows what, and as an act of penitence for his lack of involvement for abbadons grand scheme he sends an entire grand companie to claim its secrets.

nightbringer: also by graham mcneill; a peaceful world, torn apart by civil war, plays host to a companie of ultramarine space marines, who are there to ask that all important question; "wheres are money?!"
alas, there is more to the situation than a simple civil war.
and the nectyr ruins on the planet may have something to do with it..

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next