SHHH!!! Can you read? Want to prove it? Meet fellow book worms and discuss the literary brilliance of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
Topic locked

Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:45 pm

Ooh, this is hard ..

Pendragon (series) - Wonderful books. I've yet to read 'Black Water' .. even though it came out at least a month ago.

The Vampire Chronicles - ::squeals and bounces off walls:: I couldn't put any of them down.

To Kill a Mockingbird - Very moving. I loved the simple language it was told in.

The Lord of the Rings (series) - Even if Tolkien does spend two pages talking about the color of the grass and the type of stone, they're great books.

Regarding the Fountain: a Tale, in Letters, of Liars and Leaks - I don't know why I love this book so much. It's written for elementary school students. But it's amusing and very imaginative ..

I have very varied tastes. xDD

Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:03 pm

Harry Potter 1-5 :D

Just kidding.

#1: His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman. There are no words to describe this series...

#2: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. A truly awesome and engaging story. I picked it up at 10:34 AM June 21st and didn't put it down until 11:03 PM of the same day. And by then I'd finished it.

#3: The Dark is Rising by Susan Cooper. An absolutely beautiful story. The writing is amazing...

#4: Artemis Fowl: The Arctic Incident by Eoin Colfer. I love this book, but I don't know why. The story is entertaining, the writing style is hillarious, and it's an all around awesome book.

#5: Lemony Snicket: The Unauthorized Autobiography. It's just so goofy, yet enigmatic, a word which here means 'arcane'.

Kwee.

Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:56 pm

Amethyst wrote:#3: The Dark is Rising by Susan Cooper. An absolutely beautiful story. The writing is amazing...

I loved that book so much when I read it in Fifth grade. Susan Cooper is awesome.

Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:00 pm

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
Pinnocio
Pride and Predjudice
Happy Winter
The Good Earth
THese arent my top favorites but there the only ones i could think of at the time.

Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:12 pm

SpiraLethe wrote:
robot wrote:Maybe when I get around to sending your letter, I'll send the book along with it. ;P Alas, I don't have a copy of The Little Prince anymore, though. My mother borrowed it when she worked in Special Education at one of the elementary schools and someone stole it. :/

That would be excellent. :)

I should brush up on my French and read the original. Heh, like that'll ever happen. I also want to read Albert Camus's The Stranger in French. Alas, I've probably forgotten too much to read anything.

Ahh, Sidenote Spira m'dear. Im finally reading The Stranger!!

I always considered both Animal Farm and 1984 awesome. Im about half way through 1984 and am enjoying it immensely. Uh..yeah, theres more..I just can't think of them at the moment, I'll edit it on later.

oh yes, The Rupert Stories, or comics, or tv show(depending on where you were). Didn't matter anyways, Rupert is and will always be a literary masterpiece.
Topic locked