Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Disturbing passages...
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:16 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I was thinking about this while reading my book for English - have any of you come across books with disturbing passages? Here's one that I can think of, from the book:

The Beach wrote:
It began with kicking, which quickly became stabbing. In the chest, the groin, the arms, anything. Next he straddled the corpse and began tugging at the neck. Or that's what I thought he was doing. It wasn't completely clear through the shadows, and most of the view was blocked by Bugs' broad back. I only saw when he rose up. He'd cut Sammy's head off. Cut it off, and was swinging it by the hair.

And suddenly Jean had a knife and was cutting at the thin German girl, slicing into her belly and pulling out her insides. Then Cassie joined them, hunched over Zeph, working on his thighs. Étienne vomited, and within seconds the corpses were swarmed.

Quite disturbing to read, really x_x All I can say is, I'm glad that wasn't in the movie.

Gone, forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:42 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Oh jeez, Chuck Palahniuk has a whole disturbing short story (try to look up Guts, I'm sure it's around on the net somewhere, or I can send you an email with it in as I have it saved on my comp) Surprisingly, it's th every first Chuck P. thing that I read, and I was so fascinated by his writing style that the story really sucked me in. But yes, it still is very disturbing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:02 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Woah! That's pretty gory. No idea what it's from, but tis gory. But, actually... I've read more disturbing. I'll bet it's nothing compared to the Illiad, though.

Post subject: Re: Disturbing passages...
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:55 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Alex wrote:
I was thinking about this while reading my book for English - have any of you come across books with disturbing passages? Here's one that I can think of, from the book:

The Beach wrote:
It began with kicking, which quickly became stabbing. In the chest, the groin, the arms, anything. Next he straddled the corpse and began tugging at the neck. Or that's what I thought he was doing. It wasn't completely clear through the shadows, and most of the view was blocked by Bugs' broad back. I only saw when he rose up. He'd cut Sammy's head off. Cut it off, and was swinging it by the hair.

And suddenly Jean had a knife and was cutting at the thin German girl, slicing into her belly and pulling out her insides. Then Cassie joined them, hunched over Zeph, working on his thighs. Étienne vomited, and within seconds the corpses were swarmed.

Quite disturbing to read, really x_x All I can say is, I'm glad that wasn't in the movie.

Are you sure it wasn't really called 'How to kill - The gory sequel'?

that's me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:27 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Sorry, Alex, I don't have anything that can compare to that. I can't think of a single disturbing passage in any books I've read...and that's a lot, and I have a long memory. But...I also have a...different...definition of disturbing. =P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:04 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

The most disturbing thing I think I've ever read in a book was not nearly that gory. It was just creepy to think about. This guy gets frostbite on his feet and they have to amputate them. Not that horrible to read.

Clicky!

Post subject: Re: Disturbing passages...
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:46 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

jellyoflight wrote:
Alex wrote:

The Beach wrote:

Are you sure it wasn't really called 'How to kill - The gory sequel'?

I'm sure :P *glares at book on desk*

Gone, forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:08 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Recently I've been reading Ben Elton books, today, 'Popcorn'. It has some very disturbing passages where it sets out the entire situation liek a movie script, and other ones that are just disturbing due to the fact the killers are making out amongst the blood and bodies. This book by the way is pretty funny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:20 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

No murder descriptions can disturb me... it's just books that have no clothed people in them that disturb me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:27 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

I have something really disgusting.

It's a short story by Mark West called Speckles.

ok the story is about a guy who has obsessive compulsive disorder. One day he starts seeing these speckles on his skin and tries everything possible to wash them off and ends up sandpapering his skin off to get rid of the speckles. This is the final part of the story in which the guys landlady has come to collect the rent.

Quote:
At five to eleve the next morning, Mrs Winterton knocked on door seven. Mr Anderson was normally prompt in the morning and she'd left it this late thinking that he might have the day off. But, if that were the case, she would have seen him leave the house to get something to eat.
There was no reply so she took the master key from the pouch of her smock. "Mr Anderson? It's Mrs Winterton. are you okay?" There was no reply so she unlocked the door. "I'm going to open the door okay?"
Again there was no reply so she pushed the door open and screamed. On the bed was what had once been a man. It was groaning softly and glistening red in the morning light. He had no visible skin and the duvet was sodden with blood.
Martin Anderson turned his head towards the door and the back of his skull came unstuck from the pillow with a slushy sound. He looked at Mrs Winterton standing in the doorway with a shocked expression on her face and was filled with terror.
"Mra Winterton, you have to help me. I think I have speckles on my eyeballs ."
Mrs Winterton was violently sick when Martin, obviously in great agony, raised the sandpaper to his eyeballs and rubbed as vigorously as he could.

Thanks for my sat Jade MWAH!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:25 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

That's a really unsettling mental image.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:29 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
floella_de_ville wrote:
I have something really disgusting.

It's a short story by Mark West called Speckles.

ok the story is about a guy who has obsessive compulsive disorder. One day he starts seeing these speckles on his skin and tries everything possible to wash them off and ends up sandpapering his skin off to get rid of the speckles. This is the final part of the story in which the guys landlady has come to collect the rent.

Quote:
At five to eleve the next morning, Mrs Winterton knocked on door seven. Mr Anderson was normally prompt in the morning and she'd left it this late thinking that he might have the day off. But, if that were the case, she would have seen him leave the house to get something to eat.
There was no reply so she took the master key from the pouch of her smock. "Mr Anderson? It's Mrs Winterton. are you okay?" There was no reply so she unlocked the door. "I'm going to open the door okay?"
Again there was no reply so she pushed the door open and screamed. On the bed was what had once been a man. It was groaning softly and glistening red in the morning light. He had no visible skin and the duvet was sodden with blood.
Martin Anderson turned his head towards the door and the back of his skull came unstuck from the pillow with a slushy sound. He looked at Mrs Winterton standing in the doorway with a shocked expression on her face and was filled with terror.
"Mra Winterton, you have to help me. I think I have speckles on my eyeballs ."
Mrs Winterton was violently sick when Martin, obviously in great agony, raised the sandpaper to his eyeballs and rubbed as vigorously as he could.

I've heard of a story like that where a muderor gets blood on his hands and scrubs it so hard that he cuts himself, thus he thinks the bloody is still there and spends forever ripping his hands to shreads trying to 'get the blood off'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:34 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Quote:
I've heard of a story like that where a muderor gets blood on his hands and scrubs it so hard that he cuts himself, thus he thinks the bloody is still there and spends forever ripping his hands to shreads trying to 'get the blood off'.
Sounds like something Lady Macbeth would have done, though she didn't. It would fit. I wonder if she's the inspiration for this murderer?

Formerly Miss Padfoot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:46 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

There's this book about the Ebola virus, and this girl read a short story from it out loud as part of her oral presentation. Apparently it really happened.

Anyway, the story tracks the main character as he gets more and more sick. Eventually it ends with him, on a plane, throwing up into a barf bag filled to the brim with black bile, containing who knows how many billion viruses, but still able to move, even though he can barely gasp out the name of the hospital he was told to go by his local hospital, to the taxi driver at the airport. Anyway, all the symptoms and stuff were disturbing enough, but the most disturbing part was the sheer number of people who came in contact with him, because nobody knew he had the Ebola virus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:57 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Really, really, how do you say, disturbing.....

(Steal the rhythm while you can.)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next